Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 4/15

Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 4/15

Today's the day!! I will be spending a good portion of today sewing and thought it would be fun to have others join me. (It's only 5 AM where I am right now, so I will be going back to sleep for a few hours first, but I wanted to get this post up for those of you in other time zones!! )

I have always wanted to go to those all day sews at a LQS store, but not knowing anyone and having to drag my machine around has always stopped me, so I decided to do the same thing with my virtual friends. I can sew in my PJs, leave my machine where it is, and still get the encouragement I need to get some much needed projects done. So come and join me today!!

The rules couldn't be any easier. Tell us what your goals are for today, then get off the computer and sew! hehe Of course every hour or couple of hours, be sure to check in and let us know how you are proceeding, share pics and offer up encouragement to others.

Here are my goals for the day:

Goals for 4/15
    1. Bind my charity rainbow quilt.
    2. Make 2 Stripe blocks for my stripes quilt
    3. Make a few blocks for my solids only quilt
    4. Bind pink quilt for my niece

I have a feeling I may only get #1 done, but I wanted to mix it up a bit so the day wouldn't be boring.

So are you joining me today? Join in any time!! Just let us know you quilty goals and be sure to check in so we can encourage you to keep going.

Cheers!
    Rachel
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-15-2012 at 08:53 AM.

I'll join you when I get home from work this afternoon. I'll finish the binding on my current quilt and then start playing with photos for the memory quilt I'm making for my BFF's 70th birthday in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
    I'll join you when I get home from work this afternoon. I'll finish the binding on my current quilt and then start playing with photos for the memory quilt I'm making for my BFF's 70th birthday in the fall.
    Yay! Can't wait to see your projects!!

Rachel

I am working on a Lori Smith top with 59 6 inch blocks. Today I will try and get number 17-20 done. Some of them have over 45 pieces.

I am saving doing the binding hand sewing on two quilts for when my mominlaw comes this week for a visit and we all have to sit together.

Banned
    Hi Rachel
    Enjoyed reading your blog.
    Won't be joining your sew-in today, but will be working on a wedding quilt for the son of a good friend.
    Look forward to seeing your stripes block.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    I am working on a Lori Smith top with 59 6 inch blocks. Today I will try and get number 17-20 done. Some of them have over 45 pieces.

I am saving doing the binding hand sewing on two quilts for when my mominlaw comes this week for a visit and we all have to sit together.
    Great goal! I haven't heard of Lori Smith, I would love to see some pics!!

Quote Originally Posted by gollytwo View Post
    Hi Rachel
    Enjoyed reading your blog.
    Won't be joining your sew-in today, but will be working on a wedding quilt for the son of a good friend.
    Look forward to seeing your stripes block.
    Thanks!! I find doing a few stripes at a time is best since they are very fussy to make. Plus it will break up the binding I have to do. Keep us updated on the dress anyway, I would love to see pics if you can share them.

Cheers!
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    What a fantastic idea! I'm not sure if I can do it, but if we stay at home, I will!! I also have laundry and house-cleaning to look forward to, but my allergies are keeping me out of the garden!!

I have 2 projects that I need to finish up, and this might be the push to get one of them done! One is a graduation quilt and it's hand-quilted, and almost completed, but I can't seem to get done with it!! It keeps going on and on and on.....! The other is one I feel that I've been machine-quilting forever. I'm kind of stuck on what to do on the (non-existant) borders, but it literally came to me in a dream last night, so I want to do that while it's hot!

If it's alright, I'll update later!
    You can have any design you want. As long as it's loops!

Blog Entries
    i have a busy day planned--Nate has a soccer game an hour away, etc...but I just finished all of my dimensional bow tie blocks (i think? maybe i need more?) so my goal for the day is to lay them out and see how i want to sew the blockes together.

It's roughly 6:30 a.m. here in MO. I'm almost ready to start my day. Gotta get my husband out the door by 8:00 then I'll be hard at my scrappy log cabin top. It's going to be QS bedspread, so I'm not sure how far down it needs to hang so I'm just going to lay it out and go from there. I have 19 blocks so far and will just keep building until I get it the right size. I'll post a picture pretty soon, so you can see where I'm at. I also want to try different layouts- maybe someone will have time to give me an opinion. First, I'll post Eleonor Burns Star log cabin. I like the star but I don't know how to keep adding to the edges to make it bigger. So, more experienced eyes would be greatly appreciated. Talk to ya soon! Happy sewing!!

I may be able to pop in later this evening.
    We have church this morning, then lunch out, then working on DH's tractor shed (roof sheeting today).
    Hope you all have fun!

Hopefully this will post..I am SO sick of recover webpagemessages and lost posts!!>>
    >>
    It is 8 am here in FL. I have a Fl gators quilt I made mygrandson that needs to be sandwiched so I can begin hand quilting the 72squares. I also have a top I began yesterday using leftovers from otherprojects. I need to search for other fabrics to add borders to make it twinsize. For breaks I want to begin organizing my scraps, so I can begin usingthem in projects. My main categories would be 2 strips, various square sizesand strings….On to the sewing!!>>

Banned
    I would love to join you. I am making my first quilt, and really need to get going on it. I have about 15 blocks pieced so far. It will probably be late this afternoon before I get a chance, if then. I wish I had more time to sew. Post pictures along the way for inspiration!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
    Hopefully this will post..I am SO sick of recover webpagemessages and lost posts!!>
    >It is 8 am here in FL. I have a Fl gators quilt I made mygrandson that needs to be sandwiched so I can begin hand quilting the 72squares. I also have a top I began yesterday using leftovers from otherprojects. I need to search for other fabrics to add borders to make it twinsize. For breaks I want to begin organizing my scraps, so I can begin usingthem in projects. My main categories would be 2 strips, various square sizesand strings….On to the sewing!!>
    Ditto, I don't know how many attempts I have to make to get a post on the board.

I'm just going to make this short is case it doesn't go on again. Started 10am (uk) now 1.45 made 5 blocks need another 27 had a day of action planned but not going quite as planned so have thrown that out the window and just making up blocks and taking breaks as needed. Will take photos but have never posted on new board so not sure how I will get on. See you later Eileen

Smile

I just started working on Jason Yenter's Illumination quilt. He is my favorite designer and I absolutely love these fabrics. The colors are so rich and deep.

Today I hope to complete 4 blocks from the pieces I have cut out. You can see that I did the first block yesterday.

Thanks for organizing this quilting day. What a great idea!

Elise
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Be brave enough to be who you really are.

Blog Entries
    I'm joining you for a bit this morning too while DH is still sleeping. I didn't get my cleaning done yesterday, but I did make a bed skirt for the guest room. So today I'll still have to work on cleaning, but plan to at least make a little quilted mat for a flower pot to sit on out of an orphan block, and I've got a new jacket to put buttons and button holes on so I can wear it next week.

Elise~Your fabrics look "yummy"! Can't wait to see more blocks.
    Wendy

Okay I'm in. I made this top about 6 months ago. It was my attempt at modern quilting using scraps. I think I failed miserably but its made a a nice practice piece for the new frame. I'd like to get it finished today because I'll be having a 5 year old for a house guest for the next week. Wish me luck in both areas. I haven't had a youngen in my house for overnight stays in about 10 years!

Blog Entries
    This is a first for me...however, church this AM...after that...have some flowers to plant and the rest of the day will be spent cooking and quilting. The quilt is for my grandson. Painted his hands and had him place them on fabric, then was able to place the ''hand print blocks'' into my quilt. Have completed up to stitching in the ditch..my 1st quilt and a very easy pattern....so that is the plan for today to get the stitching done, doubt that I will get all that finished, but if miracles happen, then i'll complete the binding and start on the same pattern which the top is already done for my grand daughter.

LEATHEFLEA........My grandpa used to live near there!! I do have a couple cousins down that way, too! It is a small world!

I also have church in a bit, but in between the laundry, i'll be working on this Irish chain lap quilt for the choir director at church - after I move the cat.

I also need to recoup from walking around the Cinti quilt show yesterday! First time there, and WOW!!!!

my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

I'm in for a a few hours . I just started quilting about 2 weeks ago and am just about done with my very first quilt top. I started a new project on Friday and I am using one of the recipes from Moda Bake Shop with the new Vintage Modern fabric. I am so excited to see it when it is completed! Have fun sewing today!

Such a pretty kitty. They do so enjoy our work. I hope to join ya'll late today. I love this idea.
    Life is made up of bits and pieces. You won't know how it'll turn out till its done.

Just got on Quilting board and completely forgot about today :O I will try to join you in sewing. I have several projects that need to get finished. First is a 1600 quilt that needs borders...then I have to look through my UFOs to see what strikes my fancy today. My goal is to finish two projects today

Yay!! I am so happy to see everyone and read all your goals for today. You can quilt the whole day like me or just a few hours, but knowing others are quilting with you will help encourage you along. I have loved the pictures that are posted so far. Please be sure to update us through out the day too!!

So far I have made a couple of my solids only blocks, and I made my binding for my first quilt and I had a heck of a time with it. I have never ever had to unpick binding, but for some reason half my strips went together backwards and I had to do quite a bit of unpicking. Hopefully it will actually go on my quilt with many less issues. I used my Go! for the first time to cut the strips. Worked out okay. The strips were kind of wrinkly, but that may have been my fault since I didn't iron them first. It didn't seem to matter once I did iron and fold them though. It was very quick to use the Go! for the strips, I think I would do it again.

Here are some pics of my progress so far.

Cheers!
    Rachel

I'm in for a bit .... I finished most of the things I wanted to accomplish yesterday, but not all and we've got plans to go out shopping for a dining room set in a few hours.

So ... here's the original fabric. I had shared some of this with Rachel. Her blocks are going to be smaller (mine are 12"). Excited to see how her blocks turn out.

I've got several cut. Off to sew!!
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

I have all day to sew, heaven!! I am working on a postage stamp quilt and want to finish up putting my current squares in 16" blocks. Then I want to finish putting my coin strips together. Have only 2 more rows and need to add the last pieces to the bottom. I am also behind on my Dear Jane quilt so will work on some of those blocks. Last picture is my view out my sewing room window. Cold and blustery day on the eastern plains today so a good day to sew.

I just saw this. I forgot about it all week. I finished a coat for the local theater group and delivered that yesterday. I was just getting ready to go into my quilt room and cut some fabric up. I am planning to cut all my fabrics into strips. I think I will get some quilting done. Then I plan to spend the day hand quilting. I have two quilts I have to finish in the next few weeks.

Will be back later.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast