Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone working on a Millefiore or La Passacaglia quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-working-millefiore-la-passacaglia-quilt-t278267.html)

Warbler 05-01-2016 06:56 PM

Anyone working on a Millefiore or La Passacaglia quilt?

I am thinking of doing this quilt but have reservations. I have Willyne Hammerstein's book and templates. I have never fussy cut anything and love the look of it but feel a little intimidated. So I'd be interested in hearing how you all got started on this quilt and if you can share your tips. I guess the best thing for me to do would be to make a mock up block or rosette and see how I like it.

Tartan 05-01-2016 07:19 PM

If you put the title LaPassacaglia in the QB search box several posts should come up.

ontheriver 05-02-2016 04:00 AM

I just got the book The New Hexagon by Katja Marek. I am working on the different blocks (52) before tackling her Mille quilt. If you go to the authors website and go to quiltalongs she has the directions for doing the Mille that you can download to save or print. There are 12 sections. You just have to have the book. I got my book last Friday at Joanns with a 60% off coupon so it was only 10.00 and some change. So far the blocks have been fairly easy.

DianneK 05-02-2016 04:59 AM

Warbler, I have been looking at this book for a while, hoping price would come down. Are the template patterns in the book?

Geri B 05-02-2016 05:15 AM

Paperpieces.com is my go to place for epp supplies. Is that how your thinking on doing la pas...I understand she did it just handpieced...I would love to get the book, but that price is just over the moon......inklingo has a group doing la pass.

katja's is epp .... I have first rosette, still in package from paperpieces, but maybe next winters project.....

ManiacQuilter2 05-02-2016 06:33 AM

Too complicated for me. :(

KalamaQuilts 05-02-2016 06:36 AM

I've done both La Pas and the Katja Marek Millie last year.

Fussy cutting is a cinch with the acrylic shapes. You would probably only want to fussy cut one or two shapes in each rosette, otherwise your eyes would cross forever trying to look at the quilt :)

Onebyone 05-02-2016 09:55 AM

I am making it but I don't fussy cut the pieces. Mine is scrappy colors. I get bored with it and put it up but will get it out very so often and make a few more blocks before getting bored again. I have Willyne Hammerstein 's book, it's confusing to read for me.

Geri B 05-02-2016 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 7538838)
I've done both La Pas and the Katja Marek Millie last year.

Fussy cutting is a cinch with the acrylic shapes. You would probably only want to fussy cut one or two shapes in each rosette, otherwise your eyes would cross forever trying to look at the quilt :)

Omg, when do you come up for air...both in same year! That is quite an accomplishment in my book.....

Mdegenhart 05-02-2016 03:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm working on a La Pass right now. Once I got started and settled on a needle and thread that work for me I think it is easy. I look at the pictures/diagrams more than the written instructions. This cog is going to be one of the large ones.[ATTACH=CONFIG]549196[/ATTACH]