Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/applique-club-do-you-like-applique-lets-chit-chat-here-t64769.html)

Sync 09-15-2016 11:46 AM

Divokittysmom, I've never been told that it's not really quilting. lol ....... I just get .... that's not what I like to do or why are you doing that by hand. Piecing a quilt is not the only way to make a quilt. Do your friends feel that all those Baltimore album quilts done in the 1840's and even today shouldn't be considered as real quilts?

You know, as long as you enjoy making applique quilts that is all that matters. As far as I'm concerned applique takes a lot more patience and talent to make all those stitches disappear.

Sync 09-15-2016 11:54 AM

Hi daisydebby, needle-turn applique is what I do too. The wedding quilt that I made for my youngest daughter is applique. I'll have to check out YLI silk thread, right now I use Superiour Threads Kimono silk thread.

mojo11 09-17-2016 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by carolynjo (Post 7651122)
I just put an all applique quilt on my bed. I learned from Pat Campbell and it was the best applique class ever. I don't have to make each block 2 or 3 times. The needle turn method is great.

Would you share some tips please? Pat was a master. Thank you.

Sync 10-24-2016 01:27 PM

I'm going to be traveling to the East Coast tomorrow so I prepped some applique baskets (actually, Pearl Pereira's Bountiful Baskets) to take with me. So, I used a "new to me" technique to prep these small blocks. I'm using a wash away fusible. Pearl's templates are reverse anyway, since she uses a freezer paper method, so the fusible will work fine. I just used my printer to put the templates onto the fusible, just a little more prep time than I'm use to doing.

Littledreamdevil 10-30-2016 09:14 PM

I am just learning to do applique, but I have to do it by machine. My hand won't let me do it by hand anymore. I made
a baby quilt for my grand baby. I love to applique. I find it so relaxing. Any tips you have I sure could use

Nerys 11-18-2017 05:17 AM

Looking for some information on Baltimore quilts and applique found an applique thread that referred to this thread. Is anyone starting or recently started hand applique Baltimore quilt wall hanging?

Nerys 11-18-2017 05:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My peach so far [ATTACH=CONFIG]584014[/ATTACH]

Sync 11-18-2017 11:49 AM

Hi Nerys, at the moment my "forever" project is an applique basket quilt designed by Pearl Pereira. It's not a Baltimore album but it is still challenging. Pearl has designed some Baltimore style quilts that are gorgeous and very challenging. I do love to applique.

Nerys 11-18-2017 01:08 PM

Hi Sync, thanks. I looked up Pearl Pereira and see her site www.p3designs.com and all the lovely quilts very nice and much inspiration.

Nerys 11-20-2017 08:26 AM

Was looking around found www.allaboutapplique.net has also links to other sites.