Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/applique-club-do-you-like-applique-lets-chit-chat-here-t64769.html)

nanna-up-north 07-26-2019 04:35 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I got a picture taken of the last of those 4 blocks on my LBB. So, here's the before and after embellishment snapshots and also a picture of the next block that I'm working on. I found a fabric that is all acorns a couple of weeks ago, just in time for this next set of blocks with acorns, Yeah!! See what I mean about looking at fabric with different eyes?

QuiltnNan 07-26-2019 06:15 AM

Wow, Jean, the acorn find is perfect for your applique!

nanna-up-north 07-26-2019 12:13 PM

Oh, Nan, yes it is! I've appliqued acorns before but this is so much easier.

Suz 07-27-2019 01:08 PM

Nanna, two questions: The lines/pattern on the background, which marker are you using? Fixion pen that disappears w/heat? And the embellishments on the flowers, is it embroidery or pigma pen?

nanna-up-north 07-28-2019 04:49 AM

I do use Frixion pens to trace the shapes on the background fabric for these. For some applique projects, I trace the applique pieces and not the background. I'm very careful to cover the trace marks because Frixion markings will come back when 'cold'. You don't want to ship a quilt to someone or some show in the winter and have the marks come back to life. I make sure and cover them.

The embellishments on the latest flowers are embroidery but some of them I use pigma pens. I also color areas with inktense pencils and fabric medium or white Elmer's paint pens. Learning the embellishing has been trial and error but I've had a lot of good quilters give me ideas and I'm so thankful to them.

nanna-up-north 08-05-2019 06:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I finished block #23 Saturday night. The embellishing this time is pretty plain. Some of these blocks are like that. But here's the before and after embellishing pics.

I'm headed downstate in the morning for a couple of FW retreats that I host. I'm taking my LBB along with me to get block #24 done if possible. I'll be super busy so might not get a lot done on it.

Suz 08-07-2019 04:23 PM

Nanna - it looks as though the acron could be picked up. Very realistic. Congrats on another beautiful patch.

grammyjladr 08-08-2019 03:32 AM

Adorable pups!

nanna-up-north 09-07-2019 06:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It's been awhile since I posted any pictures of the blocks I've been working on. I had to go hunt for this thread again. But, I found it. I was gone for a couple of weeks to do my featherweight sewing machine workshops down state but I'm back now and sewing up a storm. My goal is to be down to the last row of blocks on the LBB and I'm only a couple of blocks away from it now. Okay, here's your show of blocks I've finished since my last posting.

Here is block # 24 before and after.

nanna-up-north 09-07-2019 06:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I only have one picture of block #25 because I finished that one up some time ago. I would be frustrated with a block and just go stitch one out of sequence. So, this is #25.