Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/applique-club-do-you-like-applique-lets-chit-chat-here-t64769.html)

daylily4u 10-07-2010 04:13 PM

Thank you craftybear for sharing this link, I will have to give them a try! Such wonderful ideas on here to share. Thank you all

kwiltkrazy 10-14-2010 12:17 PM

Char, don't despair practice will get you there. I don't care for freezer paper method, I do a combination of pre basing, and needle turn, works for me, and it seems to be improving my needle turn technique. But, everybody has to do what they feel comfortable with.

BonniFeltz 10-14-2010 12:27 PM

I agree with Kwiltkrazy. Don't despair. It's all just a matter of finding out what works for you and you might even discover a technique that nobody else has mentioned. If it works for you then do it. It does take time for no matter which technique and the only way to find out if it works is to practice. On my medieval quilt I will be using a variety of techniques including crossing my fingers and praying it will turn out well.

:)

kwiltkrazy 10-14-2010 08:18 PM

Bonni, I find it really hard to applique when my fingers are crossed, you must be more coordinated than me.lol.

BonniFeltz 10-15-2010 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
Bonni, I find it really hard to applique when my fingers are crossed, you must be more coordinated than me.lol.

I never said that you could recognize WHAT I was appliqueing when I cross my fingers. I figure it works best though around this time of year when weird shapes are expected. :)

Matilda 10-15-2010 05:45 AM

Bonni, I am looking forward to seeing your medieval quilt. Sounds really neat.

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
I agree with Kwiltkrazy. Don't despair. It's all just a matter of finding out what works for you and you might even discover a technique that nobody else has mentioned. If it works for you then do it. It does take time for no matter which technique and the only way to find out if it works is to practice. On my medieval quilt I will be using a variety of techniques including crossing my fingers and praying it will turn out well.

:)

kriscraft99 10-15-2010 05:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been appliquing for years but I do it on my sewing machine. I make baby bibs using vintage chenille and then applique cotton fabrics or more chenille on top.

My profile picture shows a pumpkin bib I appliqued.

I also appliqued this top for my daughter. I love to machine applique!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]106978[/ATTACH]

BonniFeltz 10-15-2010 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
I have been appliquing for years but I do it on my sewing machine. I make baby bibs using vintage chenille and then applique cotton fabrics or more chenille on top.

My profile picture shows a pumpkin bib I appliqued.

Nicely done. I didn't think about combining that fabric combination but it looks really nice.

gail-r 10-15-2010 05:53 AM

I'm working on my first needle turn applique quilt. It is the Coventry Stars quilt and I'm loving doing the hand applique.

Suz 10-15-2010 06:18 AM

When you are all comfortable with machine and needleturn applique, we will move onto reverse applique. Let me know. Suz