Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/applique-club-do-you-like-applique-lets-chit-chat-here-t64769.html)

BonniFeltz 11-07-2010 06:06 PM

LOVE it!

craftiladi 11-07-2010 06:20 PM

Oh see now that you are posting pics of your work I am hiding in a corner as I usually do.....I am so beginner chicken.
Jeri I am in aw , your quilt is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! will I ever get that good.

craftiladi 11-07-2010 06:21 PM

Karen very very nice!

BonniFeltz 11-07-2010 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
Oh see now that you are posting pics of your work I am hiding in a corner as I usually do.....I am so beginner chicken.

No...No...don't hide in corner! if i can post mine you can. If you look at mine you will notice the stitches aren't perfect. Just post so we can see how you are doing please. It's great to see what people are working on. I promise no ridicule on my part. Practice is the only way you get better. Don't be shy. We really ARE a nice bunch of people. :)

craftiladi 11-07-2010 06:25 PM

Oh I am so impressed as all the projects posted, they are so nicely done...how does one learn patiences, thats the problem I am having w/ my project...and no I won't post a pic...he he
I do have some christmas sewing that really needs to get done but I so wanted to join your ladies on this project, now I am afraid I have bit off more then I can chew.

BonniFeltz 11-07-2010 06:29 PM

Oh I am so impressed as all the projects posted, they are so nicely done...how does one learn patiences, thats the problem I am having w/ my project...and no I won't post a pic...he he
I do have some christmas sewing that really needs to get done but I so wanted to join your ladies on this project, now I am afraid I have bit off more then I can chew.

Don't EVER give up. I got mad at the hearts and threw out a couple along the way. Just remember that take your time (it IS hard) and know when to stop your quilting. I found that doing two hearts were fine with me but the third one in an evening was too much. I got too tired and my stitches would knot up.

Also remember that there is more than one way to applique. By hand, by machine, etc. Never give up. Put it aside for a bit and try later? I've got some projects that I put aside and then picked up later and it worked. :)

HUGS
Hang in there.

Bonni

PS: Start with one heart. That's it...just one. see how that goes.

craftiladi 11-07-2010 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz

No...No...don't hide in corner! if i can post mine you can. If you look at mine you will notice the stitches aren't perfect. Just post so we can see how you are doing please. It's great to see what people are working on. I promise no ridicule on my part. Practice is the only way you get better. Don't be shy. We really ARE a nice bunch of people. :)

thank-you Boni

clair 11-07-2010 06:43 PM

I took a class and thought it was fun -but i'll need lots of practice before ready to start a big project. Right now Iam haveing trouble with my singer and I'am takeing a rest from it all.

karenchi 11-07-2010 07:03 PM

Thank you

craftiladi 11-07-2010 07:09 PM

Bonni you are a sweetheart thanks for the words of encouragement.