Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   arranging printed quilt patterns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/arranging-printed-quilt-patterns-t262972.html)

#1piecemaker 03-22-2015 08:05 AM

arranging printed quilt patterns

When I was going through some things the other day, I found tons of printed quilt patterns. I plan to buy a notebook to arrange then in so that I can flip through and find the ones I want pretty easily. Does anyone have a better way to store these patterns for later use?

Girlfriend 03-22-2015 08:17 AM

I find binders take up too much room. If you have the room, they will work great for you. Otherwise, I use file folders and file by type. Store them in regular file cabinets.

ManiacQuilter2 03-22-2015 08:21 AM

I put mine in a binder using the "sheet protectors" I get cheaper at Walmart (in the office supply section).

Cari-in-Oly 03-22-2015 08:24 AM

I do the same thing with my quilt patterns that I used to do with beading patterns. I use dividers to separate patterns into catagories such as baby quilts, wall hangings, star patterns, looks easy, looks hard-maybe someday, etc.

Cari

Homespun 03-22-2015 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7136700)
I put mine in a binder using the "sheet protectors" I get cheaper at Walmart (in the office supply section).

This is how I do mine also.

PurplePassion 03-22-2015 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7136700)

I do this too. I have 4 of the binders filled and still print more patterns. I have to print them out when I see them, otherwise if I save them on my computer, I can't find them again.

scrapinmema 03-22-2015 11:28 AM

I also save mine in binders with sheet protectors. If I find something in a magazine that I really want to make will make copies and put them in the binders. Once I finish making the project will put them in a different binder of finished items. That way I can find them faster by doing it this way. Use divider pages for the different types of projects i.e baby quilts, table runners, table toppers, bed size and lap throws. Makes it so much easier for me to find.

nativetexan 03-22-2015 04:27 PM

i have some binders too but need to go through them once a year when my tastes change and toss what no longer interests me.

susie-susie-susie 03-22-2015 05:03 PM

Like many of you, I keep them in binders with page protectors that I get at Walmart. I go through them once in awhile and throw out the ones that don't interest me any more. I also print the ones that interest me since I can never find them again. We must be related.lol
Sue

M.Elizabeth 03-22-2015 05:22 PM

For printed patterns, I also use a binder with the sheet protectors and divided into categories: baby, bargello, stars, etc.
For those on the Internet I save in a folder, as well. The main heading is "quilting". These are also sub-divided into other folders in the same way: blocks of the month (by year), kitchen (with its sub-divisions: pot holders, table runners), etc.
I have far more saved than I will ever complete in my lifetime, and when they are saved on the computer, no printing is required.