Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   ARRGGHH!! Need color help!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/arrgghh-need-color-help-t127088.html)

gzuslivz 05-31-2011 06:29 PM

Take a pic of the light green fabric and state how much you bought. Someone will buy it from you, I'm sure. Maybe even me! Green is my favorite color:-)

Dina 05-31-2011 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Virg, I don't know if you remember that me, but you and I exchanged emails back when you first started contemplating this quilt. I think you have an excellent plan going, and I think the white will work fine.

I have a green quilt to share with you. I just finished it for a friend in Maryland...made to order. She wanted all green with a leaf fabric and she wanted a puzzle quilt pattern that I had made before. It is her 65th birthday present.

It made me think of your quilt idea search, and, I wanted to send you a picture of it. I had no idea I would be making a green quilt when we talked before. Funny how things work out!

Dina

alikat110 05-31-2011 07:19 PM

I would think that the light green would actually work when cut up into quilt blocks, but knowing how stubborn my own 13y/o son is, white should work just fine. I like the suggestion to make a test block. Also, most fabric stores will refund $$$ if you fill you need to return it. Good luck

Janie Q 05-31-2011 07:40 PM

Try a test block and see how it works. You could use black if the white doesn't show up enough.

virgwid 05-31-2011 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dina
Virg, I don't know if you remember that me, but you and I exchanged emails back when you first started contemplating this quilt. I think you have an excellent plan going, and I think the white will work fine.

I have a green quilt to share with you. I just finished it for a friend in Maryland...made to order. She wanted all green with a leaf fabric and she wanted a puzzle quilt pattern that I had made before. It is her 65th birthday present.

It made me think of your quilt idea search, and, I wanted to send you a picture of it. I had no idea I would be making a green quilt when we talked before. Funny how things work out!

Dina

Yes I remember. You sent me the emails with the beautiful quilts in it. Love your green quilt. Wish me luck. I haven't even started it yet and I am already frustrated! :)

TonnieLoree 05-31-2011 08:27 PM

Could you find some color samples from quilt websites, and ask him what color he prefers? I don't see white as being college friendly. I bet he wouldn't even recognize the "Kia" green once it's into the quilt, especially since it's 3-D.

shnnn 05-31-2011 08:38 PM

If your not liking the white what about a yellow?

Dina 06-01-2011 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by virgwid

Originally Posted by Dina

Dina

Yes I remember. You sent me the emails with the beautiful quilts in it. Love your green quilt. Wish me luck. I haven't even started it yet and I am already frustrated! :)

You don't need luck...you just need to get started. Figuring out what to do is the hardest part, you know. Get some white and make a sample block. Then you will know you are good to go.

However, I will wish you luck anyway. :)