Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Asian Fabrics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/asian-fabrics-t18917.html)

pittsburgpam 04-13-2009 04:36 PM

I like the idea of parasols but I don't know if I want to do people. I'll think about it and do some doodling.

Butterflyspain 04-14-2009 12:00 AM

Do you have the March/April issue of Fons and Porter, there is a lovely quilt with Asian fabrics on the front cover and if you go to
www.FonsandPorter.com
look for the quilt called Kimono Rose. I love it.

What do you think???

Butterflyspain 04-14-2009 12:03 AM

PS I am just waiting on some Asian Fabrics coming from E Quilter, canīt wait.

They have an amazing range there if you want to check on them

Elle

fabricluvr 04-14-2009 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Do you have the March/April issue of Fons and Porter, there is a lovely quilt with Asian fabrics on the front cover and if you go to
www.FonsandPorter.com
look for the quilt called Kimono Rose. I love it.

What do you think???

this is what i was going to suggest. i have some blocks that i need to piece (block-of-the-month - all different colors) and i bought this magazine for some ideas. don't know if it's still on the stands, but you might be able to get it at your library? if not, let me know.

pittsburgpam 04-14-2009 06:09 AM

The Fons and Porter one is beautiful. Lots of ideas forming but they'll have to simmer for awhile since I have my oldest daughter's quilt to do. I really hope the fabric comes today, can't wait to see it and touch it in person.

I wish my local Walmart had fabric still, I didn't know they carried things like that.

tlrnhi 04-14-2009 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
The Fons and Porter one is beautiful. Lots of ideas forming but they'll have to simmer for awhile since I have my oldest daughter's quilt to do. I really hope the fabric comes today, can't wait to see it and touch it in person.

I wish my local Walmart had fabric still, I didn't know they carried things like that.

That's where I first found Asian fabric. I'll be making another trip back around June, I hope, so I can do some shopping. :)

RedGarnet222 04-14-2009 07:59 AM

I don't know if you like the cutsie patterns, but the little japanese laterns would be adorable done up with these fabrics. Or maybe somethng with coy fish on it?

pittsburgpam 04-14-2009 08:23 AM

I looked at the lanterns and it's a possibility for an element in the design. :-) I have an idea about a parasol that I am kicking around. That and a fan design.

Tiffany 04-14-2009 09:11 AM

Fan designs are very oriental. I love those fabrics and thank you for posting the website Pam. After a quick peek I am practically drooling on myself over some of the gorgeous fabrics (and prices!) found there. Yum!

I work for a Chinese restaurant, owned by a couple who are from mainland China. I am slowly collecting fabrics to make a quilt for the restaurant (to hang ABOVE the reach of childrens' sweet and sour sticky fingers!) and I have been looking at various patterns done with circles. I am amazed at how circles can give a very oriental feel to the quilt, especially when done in those fabrics and with a sort of wavy (think water moving) quilting pattern.

I look forward to seeing what you do with these fabrics. Your work is wonderful and I am sure it will be a delight to the eyes!

kluedesigns 04-14-2009 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is my first post but i thought i'd share an asian quilt i'm in the middle of making.

the pic is a little blurry but i think you can get the idea. its not finished yet. i just have to sew the final blocks together.

the corner stones were paper pieced.

all of these fabrics are from the same ebay seller. i've been buying from her for years and she's great.