Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Assembling new pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/assembling-new-pattern-t31975.html)

many craft person 12-20-2009 09:27 AM

I got a SW pattern fromSW Decoratives - no directions on piecing only a cutting guide - #1 Background - Section 1 -Make 1
Turquise - Color 1, Rust - color 2- peach -color 3 - multi c4
Color #1 Background #2 Dark Accent #3 Center
Six 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" Two 28 1/2" x 1 1/2" One 8 1/2" x 2
Two 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" Eight 4 1/2 x 2
Two 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" Four 6 1/2 x 2

etc. etc. - what do I do? sew these together? - the company was no help whatsoever - they just ask me if I was a beginner, and try my LQS. I've made several quilts from magazines and have not run across this before - HELP

Bobbinwinder 12-20-2009 09:59 AM

Please give us a little more info on the pattern...I checked out SW Decoratives site and there are quite a few patterns pictured for quite a few techniques of piecing. When you contacted the company did they confirm that you had all the pages you were supposed to have? How did you come by the pattern? Is there a chance that you can return it for replacement? There's no doubt that someone here can help with this but you'll really need to give us something more to work with.

Auntie M 12-20-2009 10:20 AM

is there a name to the pattern?

amma 12-20-2009 12:13 PM

We love challenges/puzzles :D:D:D You will get many replies if we can get the info mentioned above :wink:

many craft person 12-20-2009 01:45 PM

okay - I sent directly to SW Decoratives - it is named Storm Spirit - and now I see that it says Strip-pieced- The picture of it is small - and so far have been unable to photograph it - I'm pretty sure everything is here - there are 3 patterns for some of the pieces in the quilt, and I guess the rest is strips - there is also a diagram of the quilt with each (section) numbered. I am assuming you start in center and work your way out - I sure hate to buy material though and not have it work the way I am thinking -

Bobbinwinder 12-20-2009 02:05 PM

Okay...I saw the picture on their site...I'd say that some of it is worked in blocks/sections and some of it in strips/stripsets...but what I'd really stress is that there's no way I'd do this one without a Design Wall that's big enough to put most if not all of this up on. I think it will be a striking quilt in Southwest colors.

amma 12-20-2009 02:19 PM

WOW!!! That is a stunning quilt :D:D:D
I can't believe they did not provide better directions for this quilt!!! I agree with Bobbinwinder on having a large enough design wall :wink: That is a lot to keep track of...

b.zang 12-20-2009 02:32 PM

This is so interesting.......

I stumbled across this very website recently and bookmarked it to go back and buy the Horse Happy pattern.
Now, I'm wondering if it won't be another one of those indecipherable collections. :(

The pattern you have looks like it will go together in strips and pieces, but you sure do want to have it laid out before putting the whole thing together.
I wonder what you would have received in the kit.

amma 12-20-2009 02:33 PM

Probably nothing more in instructions that what she already received :roll:

many craft person 12-20-2009 03:16 PM

probably the same instructions, just has the fabric