Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Attending a Quilt Show? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/attending-quilt-show-t108612.html)

Annya 03-23-2011 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by libber
Which part of the show do you head for first when you walk in the door? Do you go look at quilts, go to demos', the vendor area?

I am going to our big quilt show in Brisbane tomorrow. The first place is to the stall that has my new piping ruler which I ordered on line. If I don't get there first thing I will not be able to get into see what else they have. Then I slowly walk around and check out the other stalls then finish with the quilts. If I am permitted I will try for some pic to show you.

Gabbystabber 03-23-2011 07:55 AM

It is amazing to me also. My Houston quilting friends always look at the vendors first. Some hardly make it to see the quilts at all and we stay in town wed-fri. Quilts are the only reason I go. Ya'll can shop any time.
Donna

Annya 03-24-2011 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Annya

Originally Posted by libber
Which part of the show do you head for first when you walk in the door? Do you go look at quilts, go to demos', the vendor area?

I am going to our big quilt show in Brisbane tomorrow. The first place is to the stall that has my new piping ruler which I ordered on line. If I don't get there first thing I will not be able to get into see what else they have. Then I slowly walk around and check out the other stalls then finish with the quilts. If I am permitted I will try for some pic to show you.

I finally got to the show and I was disappointed. I did get the piping ruler I went for and little fabric but the stores were filled with beads and cards I do not mind that not much fabric stalls. The quilts were not worth taking pics of --all uninteresting--maybe it's me. I love good quilts==these were all little wall quilts and I could not see the pictures at all.

fabric_fancy 03-24-2011 02:01 PM

i go to the quilts.

very rarely do i shop at quilt shows. the big shows (AQS) have vendor contract that state they have to sell the products at full retail costs and can only have one item on "special".

so its not very friendly to the bargain shopper - which i am.

Annya 03-24-2011 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
i go to the quilts.

very rarely do i shop at quilt shows. the big shows (AQS) have vendor contract that state they have to sell the products at full retail costs and can only have one item on "special".

so its not very friendly to the bargain shopper - which i am.

I know what you mean. The cost of fabric there is nearly twice what I buy it from my favorite LQS I usually stop there after I return and pick up the same fabric a fraction of the price. The only reason I go is to have more stores to get fabric I need that I can't get closer to home. With stores from all over there is a bigger variety to chose from.