Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Aurifil Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/aurifil-thread-t190278.html)

sandy l 05-29-2012 11:49 AM

I do all of my piecing with Aurifil.

Scissor Queen 05-29-2012 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5251023)
Yea for the Canucks!!! Glad to see that for once, quilters are doing mail-order here!

WOW! I just looked at their site, and the regular 50wt is about 1/2 price to what I've seen it at in several LQS' here in Canada. hhmmm? wonder why? Not that I'm arguing!

BTW ... the shipping fees/methods are clearly explained in the link on their site. And they do ship to Internationally.

In addition to the shipping I got charged an international transaction fee by my card. It wasn't a whole lot but it wasn't a charge I was expecting.

jaciqltznok 05-29-2012 12:24 PM

ALL of my machines love this and the seams lie flatter too!

Juliebelle 05-29-2012 12:31 PM

I use and love it because both my Kenmore and Janome love it, not much lint and lasts for a really long time.

gollytwo 05-29-2012 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 5251465)
I haven't tried Aurifil, but the reviews above interest me. Is it any better than using Bottomline from Superior in the top and bobbin?

I often use Bottom Line top and bobbin in my Bernina; my Jems won't take it as the top thread if it's in the bobbin.
Aurifil is a cotton thread, whereas BL is a poly. Sometimes I want to use cotton and Aurifil is my choice.

QuiltE 05-29-2012 01:02 PM

GollyTwo .. you can get aurifil poly ... as well as wool! Check the site that ScissorsQ noted.

ScissorsQ ... That's not uncommon when using a CC in another country. There was a thread in the winter that a lot of the SnowBirds posted to .... some could not even used their card in the USA. And some that could, paid a surcharge. That's more an issue with your CC company, than the vendor. Yes, perhaps they add the fee on, but that'll be because they are charged by the CC company.

franc36 05-29-2012 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by sandy l (Post 5251624)
I do all of my piecing with Aurifil.

So do I. I love Aurifil!

terri bb 05-29-2012 01:34 PM

just my two cents worth that every comment above is all true and correct! i also use my janome for quilting as well as just piecing and the thread just doesn't break at all using fmq compared to the other couple of brands that i have tried. i have spools upon spools of thread here that i bought 'on sale' and i just don't think i will ever use it. aurifil is definitely the way to go! i use it in hand sewing also.

Marilynsue 05-29-2012 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by paulswalia (Post 5250602)
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE aurifil thread. For one thing, the weight (50) Is strong yet thin and when you press a seam it doesn't take up any space. I know that sounds snobbish, kinda picky, but my piecing has been so much more accurate since I started using aurifil. And I swear it's like the loaves and fishes story - I use it, leave the room, and there's more on the spool when I get back (okay, I know that's not true, but...) the larger spool just seems to never run out!

Is this thread good for FMQ?

baslp 05-29-2012 02:48 PM

I am a new convert to Aurifil thread. I heard about about it at a workshop led by Carol Taylor. She wanted all of us to try it. I was sold right than and there. There is less lint!