Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Australian Cyclone - Prayers sought - urgent! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/australian-cyclone-prayers-sought-urgent-t95903.html)

squiddy 02-01-2011 07:28 PM

How mush more can Queensland take? Have relatives up in Cairns so thinking of you all and following the weather reports. You are in our prayers.

Quilter7x 02-01-2011 07:34 PM

Wow, what a powerful storm. I will pray also.

stichinluvr 02-01-2011 07:41 PM

Thoughts and prayers to all of you! Is this the area that had the flooding? Australia has had your share of horrible weather this year.

earthwalker 02-01-2011 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by JJC

Originally Posted by MotherDuck
Some 12 + hours from now a Category 5 cyclone will cross the coast of northern Australia. This massive storm is the highest rated one to ever affect Australia. Its projected path has a small town of some 10000 or so people (Innisfail), a large city of 120000 plus (Cairns) and many smaller towns in between - and then there will be the aftermath for days, weeks and months. Personally we are some 5 hours or so southwest of the area it is expected to cross ... please pray for the safety of the many people about to be affected by this intense storm - we are bunkering down now ...

Thoughts and prayers are with the folks there. I have a pen pal there that lives on the island of Tasmania, not sure if that is anywhere near where this is headed. Stay safe.

Your penpal in Tasmania will be safe....it is way down the bottom east coast of Australia.

JJC 02-01-2011 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by earthwalker

Originally Posted by JJC

Originally Posted by MotherDuck
Some 12 + hours from now a Category 5 cyclone will cross the coast of northern Australia. This massive storm is the highest rated one to ever affect Australia. Its projected path has a small town of some 10000 or so people (Innisfail), a large city of 120000 plus (Cairns) and many smaller towns in between - and then there will be the aftermath for days, weeks and months. Personally we are some 5 hours or so southwest of the area it is expected to cross ... please pray for the safety of the many people about to be affected by this intense storm - we are bunkering down now ...

Thank-you for letting me know.
Thoughts and prayers are with the folks there. I have a pen pal there that lives on the island of Tasmania, not sure if that is anywhere near where this is headed. Stay safe.

Your penpal in Tasmania will be safe....it is way down the bottom east coast of Australia.

earthwalker 02-01-2011 07:48 PM

Been tuned into the radio all morning, very disturbing.....poor Queensland is taking a hammering of late...you all must be exhausted and frightened.

To all our Queensland mates....we're thinking of you and sending blessings and prayers your way.

hairquilt 02-02-2011 07:28 AM

Quilters pray often

CarrieAnne 02-02-2011 07:30 AM

Sending Prayers. Stay safe!

CoriAmD 02-02-2011 07:31 AM

Prayers and positives thoughts for a good outcome - Please GOD, divert this storm!

Borntohandquilt 02-02-2011 07:31 AM

All the people out there are in my thoughts. I hope they are all safe and healthy.