Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Babushka pincusion pattern from Quiltmaker Magazine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/babushka-pincusion-pattern-quiltmaker-magazine-t170664.html)

beckd28 12-02-2011 10:25 AM

Babushka pincusion pattern from Quiltmaker Magazine

1 Attachment(s)
Hello! I just stumbled across this forum, and thought it may be a good place to post this....

I don't do very much quilting, but I do sew, knit, crochet, and all that jazz. A co-worker who does quilt was talking about a Babushka pincushion that she got on Etsy a couple of years ago. There are no more available, but in the item description it says that the dolls were featured in Quiltmaker Magazine. No other information is given.

I would love to surprise her and make her doll a "sister" for Christmas. I'm wondering if this pattern sounds familiar to any of you who are familiar with the magazine? I have tried to search online and find nothing.

Any help anyone would be willing to provide in pointing me in the right direction would be MOST appreciated. Below is a picture. I did shoot an e-mail to the seller on Etsy, but it I don't know how active she still is....

Thanks a ton!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]292531[/ATTACH]

reginalovesfabric 12-02-2011 10:27 AM

sorry I can't help but it's cute

Emmy Sue 12-02-2011 10:54 AM

The Babooshka pincushion dolls are shown in the Sept/Oct. 2007 issue of Quiltmaker. The dolls are made by Janice Hartwell, selling for $12.95. Her e-mail address is [email protected]. Hope thism helps.

MistyMarie 12-02-2011 11:23 AM

How funny! I just looked at that issue last night. I was debating making one of these girls. I also just saw this pattern in a current magazine... or something similar to it... when I was at the grocery store last week!

When I get home this afternoon, I will grab my copy of the magazine. I think I might have two copies of that magazine, as I was given a BUNCH of older magazines (around this time period) and I have subscribed to Quiltmaker for years, so if I have a duplicate, I will send it your way.

beckd28 12-02-2011 11:51 AM

WOW you guys are fast!!! Interestingly enough, I DID get a fairly immediate response from Janice. She told me that she hasn't made the dolls in quite awhile, and did not use a pattern. BUT, they are basically made of circles that are stuffed and gathered, and that they shouldn't be too hard to re-create. So that's what I'm going to try to do!

Thank you for the information, and MistyMarie for your offer! That is too kind of you! I should be fine working from the picture that I posted. I'm glad I came across this board. I love looking at people's creations, and just might be inspired to take another crack at a quilt!

Ann L 12-03-2011 10:26 AM

another pin cushion to try and do when I am scratching my head looking for something to do. Thanks. I love her.

Janice Hartwell 05-14-2015 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Emmy Sue (Post 4743895)
The Babooshka pincushion dolls are shown in the Sept/Oct. 2007 issue of Quiltmaker. The dolls are made by Janice Hartwell, selling for $12.95. Her e-mail address is [email protected]. Hope thism helps.

This is my doll. My new email is [email protected].

Janice Hartwell 05-14-2015 09:29 AM

My email address is now [email protected]. I've started making them again.

Janice Hartwell 05-14-2015 09:32 AM

I made this pincushion doll and have started making them again. [email protected].

Janice Hartwell 05-14-2015 09:34 AM

I've started making them again. [email protected].