Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Babushka pincusion pattern from Quiltmaker Magazine

Babushka pincusion pattern from Quiltmaker Magazine

Hello! I just stumbled across this forum, and thought it may be a good place to post this....

I don't do very much quilting, but I do sew, knit, crochet, and all that jazz. A co-worker who does quilt was talking about a Babushka pincushion that she got on Etsy a couple of years ago. There are no more available, but in the item description it says that the dolls were featured in Quiltmaker Magazine. No other information is given.

I would love to surprise her and make her doll a "sister" for Christmas. I'm wondering if this pattern sounds familiar to any of you who are familiar with the magazine? I have tried to search online and find nothing.

Any help anyone would be willing to provide in pointing me in the right direction would be MOST appreciated. Below is a picture. I did shoot an e-mail to the seller on Etsy, but it I don't know how active she still is....

Thanks a ton!

Name:  il_570xN_90219785.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  88.4 KB

sorry I can't help but it's cute

The Babooshka pincushion dolls are shown in the Sept/Oct. 2007 issue of Quiltmaker. The dolls are made by Janice Hartwell, selling for $12.95. Her e-mail address is [email protected]. Hope thism helps.

How funny! I just looked at that issue last night. I was debating making one of these girls. I also just saw this pattern in a current magazine... or something similar to it... when I was at the grocery store last week!

When I get home this afternoon, I will grab my copy of the magazine. I think I might have two copies of that magazine, as I was given a BUNCH of older magazines (around this time period) and I have subscribed to Quiltmaker for years, so if I have a duplicate, I will send it your way.
    Last edited by MistyMarie; 12-02-2011 at 11:27 AM.
    MistyMarie

WOW you guys are fast!!! Interestingly enough, I DID get a fairly immediate response from Janice. She told me that she hasn't made the dolls in quite awhile, and did not use a pattern. BUT, they are basically made of circles that are stuffed and gathered, and that they shouldn't be too hard to re-create. So that's what I'm going to try to do!

Thank you for the information, and MistyMarie for your offer! That is too kind of you! I should be fine working from the picture that I posted. I'm glad I came across this board. I love looking at people's creations, and just might be inspired to take another crack at a quilt!

another pin cushion to try and do when I am scratching my head looking for something to do. Thanks. I love her.
    I am Mimi for 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmy Sue View Post
    The Babooshka pincushion dolls are shown in the Sept/Oct. 2007 issue of Quiltmaker. The dolls are made by Janice Hartwell, selling for $12.95. Her e-mail address is [email protected]. Hope thism helps.
    This is my doll. My new email is [email protected].

My email address is now [email protected]. I've started making them again.

I made this pincushion doll and have started making them again. [email protected].

I've started making them again. [email protected].

Welcome to the board. I didn't see this cute doll but I am sure your friend will enjoy one that is made by you. Hope you find as much inspiration from this site as I do.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

That is such a sweet pincushion...but I could not stick a pin in a "Grandmother"!
    "Not all those who wander are lost." ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

-1974 Singer 252 Fashion Mate; 1954 Singer 15-91;
    1952 Pfaff 130-6; Bernina 230PE, and Pfaff Serger 4874.