Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Babylock delivery issues (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/babylock-delivery-issues-t219830.html)

angelaz 04-23-2013 03:04 PM

Babylock delivery issues

Hello!

I ordered and paid for a new machine 3 weeks ago. The dealer first told me he already had one ordered and it would be in midweek. It has now been 3 weeks and nothing. It seems he is not getting any information on when it will come in. It seems strange that he is not able to get a delivery date. Has anyone else experienced this. By the way, it is a Crescendo.
Thanks for all comments!
AngelaZ

Lisa Marie 04-23-2013 05:27 PM

Congrats on your Crescendo! I bought mine in Feb the dealer offered me z discount on the floor model or I could wait for a few days for one to come in. I choose to wait my dealer was having issues with getting a machine from Babylock by the end of week as promised. He reached out to another dealer and they sent him their machine to him. I choose to pick up my machine at the dealer as promised. I am glad my dealer worked hard to ensure that I would have my machine in 7 days. I love my machine and use it almost every day. I still have not used all the features yet but learn something on it everytime I use it.

Nammie to 7 04-23-2013 05:29 PM

Hopefully your issue will be resolved quickly. Nothing more irritating than having to wait for what you already paid for!

bigredharley 04-24-2013 07:21 AM

I had a similar experience with a hot tub - which didn't turn out so perfectly - look around the store....is there lots of new merchandise? machines? or is it starting to thin out? If you aren't seeing new merchandise I'd ask for a refund and run. Turned out with my hot tub the dealer in fact was close to bankruptcy and had already spent my $10,000. I ended up taking the display model just to avoid getting nothing at all for my money.

quiltstringz 04-24-2013 07:24 AM

On machines it is not usual to experience delivery issues especially if it is a new model. Sometimes the response is greater than they expected.

sewmary 04-24-2013 01:47 PM

Remember you have paid for this machine already. Hope you used a credit card (even if you want to pay cash, pay with credit card and then pay off your bill). I would not let this go on too long without getting a firm committment of delivery time, even if you have to get a number from the dealer call the company directly. Someone has your money and is earning interest on it while you are without a machine and the money.

Sorry, the older I get the more cynical I become about things.

mighty 04-25-2013 07:59 AM

So sorry!!! I would sure stay on top of this. Dealer should be able to give you answers!!!!!!

Ricci 04-25-2013 10:34 AM

I have one on order as well. I was told it would be mid-May before it arrives.

MamaInRed 04-25-2013 11:25 AM

I inquired about one at a local quilt show recently from a near by dealer. He did not have any of the Crescendo's in stock & called his rep to see on availability while I was there. He was told they are back ordered past June & most shops that did not get a fair quantity of them when they were first offered, it could be even longer before they see any. Many smaller shops already have long waiting lists for this model.

I sure hope you get yours soon. Looks like a fun machine.

Ricci 05-02-2013 02:00 PM

My Crescendo arrived yesterday! I'm a happy, happy, girl. I love her. She's got a very big instruction manual, so it's one page at a time.