Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bad Service at Dealer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bad-service-dealer-t37753.html)

Eddie 02-24-2010 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by sewcrazygirl
i went to a very nice Brother/janome dealer. I looked at the Espire twin the QC 1000 and i was super impressed, i think it is prettier than the Espire. And a bit less money.

I have the QC1000, and I absolutely, totally love it. Love everything about it.

sewcrazygirl 02-24-2010 03:49 PM

thanks eddie, good to know. I am still deciding. I may wait till april (my birthday) to get it. they always seem to have deals going on.

ozarkmama 02-24-2010 06:26 PM

In the last 10 years I have purchased two machines and the salespeople promised to moon until after the sale. Then try to get the help promised! I know there must be good dealers out there somewhere.

Aurora 02-25-2010 05:13 AM

I think I will buy my next machine from Amazon. They have some great prices and free shipping on most if over $249. I just ask someone who has the machine if they like it or not and if they would buy it again. If it comes with a manual, that is all I need -- I cannot remember all those points they tell me about because they are buy-me points. If someone is too gunho about selling me a machine, I wonder if it is really that great.

Ramona Byrd 02-25-2010 10:46 AM

If it comes with a manual, that is all I need -- I cannot remember all those points they tell me about because they are buy-me points. If someone is too gunho about selling me a machine, I wonder if it is really that great.
===============================================
For the missing manuals, go online and hunt for it there. There are a few sites
that actually charge you for them, even for downloading!! But for keeping the
customer happy, some of the companies are smart enough to have the manuals
free to download. That is what I did with my new (old) Brother that I had bought
a couple of years or so ago, and with company coming and the old machine working nicely, I stuck it in a closet. Then when I got it out recently, discovered
that I or a helpful grandkid had lost/misplaced the manual.

I downloaded it and it works nicely, and was surprised to find that I needed
different bobbins for it than the hundred or so old plastic ones I have on hand.
The manual says that using the wrong bobbin might harm the machine, but to
me they look almost the same, but still...........

Aurora 02-25-2010 11:14 AM

I downloaded one for my featherweight. I like free. But some from Singer are $15 but I don't find paying that, it is always good to have a manual to fall back on. There is a guy on eBay that sells bobbins for various machines. I bought 30 for my featherweight for 11.99.

Deb G 02-25-2010 05:09 PM

I'd definiately talk to the owner/manager and tell him what you've told us. It needs to be brought to his attention and he needs to know there's a problem. Loosing a sale because of bad customer service should be a clue as to what's goes on in the sales dept.

sewcrazygirl 02-25-2010 05:18 PM

i emailed the owner and never got a reply apparently she doesnt care.

AliKat 02-25-2010 05:59 PM

I feel so sorry for you having this problem. I agree, don't buy from that dealer. However, I would take a moment to talk with the owner and let that person know what happened and your response. Sometimes people take what t hey hear from employees as 'gospel' when they should really be more proactive.

Clothfiend 02-26-2010 07:25 AM

Finding a sewing machine dealer who is very knowledgeable about every model he/she sells is a dying profession. I have given up and buy my machines on-line and take all of them to one place to be serviced, which is two hours from my home. The last placed I used charged me a fortune and still didn't fix my machine. Told me it was "another" problem my machine was having - this was after he insisted I needed a new $125 foot control. If I don't receive good service I just don't go there anymore - and that holds true for anything I purchase. Fact is, finding someone to wait on you in most retail stores is a real chore.

I do think I'd drop a note to the owner of that store and relay your experience. He may be barely holding on and not know why.