Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is it bad when your father buys you fabric? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bad-when-your-father-buys-you-fabric-t71278.html)

amy WI 10-20-2010 11:14 AM

I have made a few bow tuck totes for family and friends. I saw on here some that were made with denim and flannel shirts. I went to his closet and took some old flannel that he does not wear. I told him I would have to buy some denim some time. Well, today Mom and Dad went grocery shopping. They stopped at their Walmart and Dad bought me 3 yards of light denim. Now, any of you who make that bag will know that it does not take that much fabric to make one bag. I guess I will have to make a few. He really wants me to make them to sell. I wish I could fit more into a 24 hour day. Maybe I should give up sleeping for a while. :)

jljack 10-20-2010 11:15 AM

What a sweet Dad you have!!! Have fun with all that denim...you could also make a rag quilt with it.

erstan947 10-20-2010 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by amy WI
I have made a few bow tuck totes for family and friends. I saw on here some that were made with denim and flannel shirts. I went to his closet and took some old flannel that he does not wear. I told him I would have to buy some denim some time. Well, today Mom and Dad went grocery shopping. They stopped at their Walmart and Dad bought me 3 yards of light denim. Now, any of you who make that bag will know that it does not take that much fabric to make one bag. I guess I will have to make a few. He really wants me to make them to sell. I wish I could fit more into a 24 hour day. Maybe I should give up sleeping for a while. :)

I tried giving up sleep and it is not a good idea! :D lol

sharon b 10-20-2010 11:17 AM

Sounds like a wonderful Dad :mrgreen: maybe make him something small just for him :lol:

CompulsiveQuilter 10-20-2010 11:23 AM

that makes me cry! he went into a "store" he knew nothing about to buy you some encouragement. WHAT A GREAT DAD! Cherish him! (and you better do what he says)

tlrnhi 10-20-2010 11:24 AM

What a great dad!
Mine would have done the same thing.
Things like this are memories to cherish.

Bottle Blonde 10-20-2010 11:26 AM

That is the sweetest thing I've heard all day!!!! My dad always supported me like that, too. He believed in me --- I think your dad believes in you, too. :) Maybe make a little matching something (one for you and one for him) like pillows?

Sadiemae 10-20-2010 11:28 AM

That is so sweet!

amy WI 10-20-2010 11:30 AM

Thanks everyone! My dad does encourage me I just wish I had more time to fulfill all of the encouragement. He chews tobacco(I know nasty), so I made him a zipper bag in Hankie material for him to keep it in. I may have to make him one with the denim. :)

luvTooQuilt 10-20-2010 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by amy WI

My dad is the same way.. He and my mom were at a garage sale and he saw a huge box of older Joannes blocks of the month kits probably 20+ or so.. He bought it all for $2.. Hes such haggler!! Anyway, Mom called me to tell me dad got me a surprise... She let the cat out of the bag but he was excited to give it to me the next time i went down to visit.. gotta love family who supports our habits - Whoops I meant Hobby!!

:lol: