Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   bag pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bag-pattern-t46585.html)

craftybear 05-27-2010 02:59 PM

please take a picture of the bag to show us, please and thank you

Originally Posted by burnsk
I saw a bag at a quilt shop last Wednesday. It was made with 2 - 14 inch squares, sewn right sides together and turned right sides out. Then they turned the corners down (2 inches from point), sewed them down with a 1/2 inch "pocket" to put a ribbon through. They didn't have a pattern. They called it a "Pouch" bag. The fabric they used was absolutely gorgeous. I'm going to make one today with my GGD. I also saw one a couple of weeks ago at a quilt shop up north (Michigan) made with a triangle that was made with felted wool.

burnsk 05-28-2010 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear

I saw a bag at a quilt shop last Wednesday. It was made with 2 - 14 inch squares, sewn right sides together and turned right sides out. Then they turned the corners down (2 inches from point), sewed them down with a 1/2 inch "pocket" to put a ribbon through. They didn't have a pattern. They called it a "Pouch" bag. The fabric they used was absolutely gorgeous. I'm going to make one today with my GGD. I also saw one a couple of weeks ago at a quilt shop up north (Michigan) made with a triangle that was made with felted wool.

I got them cut out but just getting around to making them tonight. Will post pics probably tomorrow. Don't know why I keep running out of time. :-(

burnsk 06-01-2010 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear

I got them cut out but just getting around to making them tonight. Will post pics probably tomorrow. Don't know why I keep running out of time. :-(

Well, I made the bag, don't like it. Didn't come out like bag at store. Measurements were the same but something just wasn't right. Gave it to GGD to use for her playthings. Drat.

kayquilt 07-11-2010 02:45 PM

I just now read this thread. Could be the bag you are looking for be called a "goody bag". A few weeks ago I found it and have since made a bunch of them. It is made with 2 squares of fabric, turned right side out and corners turned down. Then a ribbon or cord is threaded through for a drawstring.