Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   bag pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bag-pattern-t46585.html)

quilt queen 2 05-20-2010 07:38 PM

Does anyone know where Ican find the pattern that was posted for a bag you make with 2 squares of fabric I made a couple but can't seem to find where the pattern was posted

burnsk 05-20-2010 07:41 PM

Is this like a bag for shopping?

quilt queen 2 05-20-2010 09:27 PM

It is like a little drawstring bag that has inside pockets

mtnmama 05-23-2010 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by quilt queen 2
Does anyone know where Ican find the pattern that was posted for a bag you make with 2 squares of fabric I made a couple but can't seem to find where the pattern was posted

If it is the same one I used to make a purple and teal brocade bag, I can't find the tute either. I even posted pictures of the one I made, thought I had bookmarked so I could find it later if I forgot how it was made. Anybody out there know what happened. :roll: :shock:

reach for the stars 2 05-23-2010 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by burnsk

So glad your daughter is home.

dsb38327 05-23-2010 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by mtnmama

If it is the same one I used to make a purple and teal brocade bag, I can't find the tute either. I even posted pictures of the one I made, thought I had bookmarked so I could find it later if I forgot how it was made. Anybody out there know what happened. :roll: :shock:

mtnmama
Click on your user name. Click on LIST. It will show all posts you have made. (If you click on the other one it will show all responses you have made).
I browsed through your posts and responses but I didn't recognize it. Don't know why it wouldn't be there. You mention you did a tutorial on it. Do you remember what you named the tutorial by chance?
I looked through the tutorials and didn't see your user name.
Don't know why it wouldn't be there.

burnsk 05-23-2010 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by reach for the stars 2

Originally Posted by burnsk

So glad your daughter is home.

Thank you - we are so glad she's home safe. She's home for 3 years (training and schooling) and then she's scheduled to be deployed again for 1 year. We are hoping for things to change before the next 3 years are over.

Pinkiris 05-23-2010 08:39 AM

The post was called "Goodie Bag" but I don't remember who posted it. It doesn't come up on my bookmarked list or on a search. Is it possible that the poster removed it? Maybe Admin. can tell us if that is possible.

I remember how I made mine, but I'd better write it down before I forget! Maybe I even printed it out when it was up on the board. I'll have to check my sewing area later.

Sue

mtnmama 05-23-2010 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by dsb38327

Originally Posted by mtnmama

mtnmama
Click on your user name. Click on LIST. It will show all posts you have made. (If you click on the other one it will show all responses you have made).
I browsed through your posts and responses but I didn't recognize it. Don't know why it wouldn't be there. You mention you did a tutorial on it. Do you remember what you named the tutorial by chance?
I looked through the tutorials and didn't see your user name.
Don't know why it wouldn't be there.

No, I did not do the tutorial, I made the bag using the tute that someone else posted.

burnsk 05-23-2010 08:58 AM

I saw a bag at a quilt shop last Wednesday. It was made with 2 - 14 inch squares, sewn right sides together and turned right sides out. Then they turned the corners down (2 inches from point), sewed them down with a 1/2 inch "pocket" to put a ribbon through. They didn't have a pattern. They called it a "Pouch" bag. The fabric they used was absolutely gorgeous. I'm going to make one today with my GGD. I also saw one a couple of weeks ago at a quilt shop up north (Michigan) made with a triangle that was made with felted wool.