Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bailey's Home Quilter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/baileys-home-quilter-t244546.html)

jlm5419 04-05-2014 12:51 PM

I've had a 15" Bailey for a couple of years now. It has quilted several quilts for me. I still need some practice for the fancy stuff though. Mostly I just do stippling. I have found that the Bailey company is very responsive and helpful when I have issues, which are few. The Bailey does an adequate job.

spstout 04-05-2014 12:57 PM

A woman here in my small hometown has one she got as a gift but never used. I am looking at it this next week. It comes with the Gracie frame, which I would sell. I don't want the huge setup in my sewing room. I contacted Mr. Bailey with some questions and he was very nice and helpful.

ann31039 04-05-2014 02:44 PM

i've been looking at them for a while. but have ran across the homesteader 22. it looks pretty awesome also and it has a higher arm space. i'm still at the dreaming stage. one day.

sewplease 04-05-2014 09:18 PM

There is a Yahoo group for the Bailey. Very nice, helpful members.

QuiltingCrazie 04-06-2014 12:36 AM

My friend has one and before she moved back to the states I used hers for a year. Great machine! It's basic not fancy but works great! Not thread picky and no issues. She has the 15 on the majestic frame the quilting space is 9 1/2" panto max. So fun to use. I have planned to buy one for over a year now but life keeps happening but I'm aiming for the fall! I'm not a fan of basting so I love the frame

kathy 04-06-2014 03:43 AM

I've had the 15" for 6 yrs, there were times that I would have tossed it out the two story window if I could have lifted it! Most of my issues were , gulp, hard to say..... ME. It was my very first experience and I had a lot to learn, now we're best friends! It has a speed dial or you can use your foot pedal to control your speed which is how I learned, when they came out with a stitch regulator I bought one, it does not stop stitching when you quit moving but goes very slow. I say it's a perfect starter machine, when I can afford it I will upgrade to one with more bells and whistles.

sewplease 04-06-2014 09:02 AM

I have read that the 700 stitches/minute maximum speed can seem a little slow for some people and takes a little time to get used to it. That would not be a concern for me though--would love to have one. I've lurked on the Yahoo group for years. :)

lswan 04-07-2014 03:24 AM

I would love to know about the sit down one. It is one I could actually afford. If you use one, please comment, as this is the only way to know how it works in real life. Thanks.
Linda

Krystyna 04-07-2014 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by sewplease (Post 6662512)
I have read that the 700 stitches/minute maximum speed can seem a little slow for some people and takes a little time to get used to it. That would not be a concern for me though--would love to have one. I've lurked on the Yahoo group for years. :)

Ooof! That is SLOW! I didn't realize that. Hmmm. More to think about.

lclang 04-07-2014 05:10 AM

It is NOT the only portable long arm...There is the Tin Lizzie and the Sweet 16. Look them up on the internet and see which one will fit your needs.