Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bailey's Home Quilter >

Bailey's Home Quilter

Bailey's Home Quilter

Old 04-05-2014, 04:24 AM
Swap Hosts

Default Bailey's Home Quilter

I came across this machine and the shop's packages via Pinterest -- and they look pretty darn good to me. Just wondering if anyone has experience with the brand and what you think? Here's the link - http://www.baileyssewingcenter.com/homequilter.html
Old 04-05-2014, 05:03 AM

I haven't any experience, but I do like the price of that sit down...
Old 04-05-2014, 05:19 AM

I'm interested to hear if anyone has this machine and the majestic frame.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:49 AM

I have 2 friends that have a Bailey, they're very happy with them. The Bailey's have a pretty good reputation and customer service is good also. When I get the room and the money, I'll be getting a Bailey for sure. If you would like to contact my friends, PM me and I'll send you a contact address.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:18 AM

I bought a Bailey about a year ago. It didn't come with a stitch regulator so it takes a while to get use to keeping your stitches about the same length. I find if I just go slow it works great. For me, it works great I just wish I had the money to get a bigger Bailey. I only got the 13" model, but other than that, it's great.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

i've been to the shop a few times and tried it out. chuck has given me lots of advice. i bought his 17" package and am chomping at the bit to get it set up!
Old 04-05-2014, 06:50 AM

My only issue looking at the Bailey is they don't have as much height as some of the other longarms, which might not make it as good for sit-down quilting (because less space for the quilt). But I do think these machines probably give you a whole lot more bang for the buck than other quilters (which are greatly the same machine with better "packaging"). But my first instinct with the Bailey is that it almost looks like a sail making machine.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by TeresaA View Post
My only issue looking at the Bailey is they don't have as much height as some of the other longarms, which might not make it as good for sit-down quilting (because less space for the quilt). But I do think these machines probably give you a whole lot more bang for the buck than other quilters (which are greatly the same machine with better "packaging"). But my first instinct with the Bailey is that it almost looks like a sail making machine.
the height concerns me too ... more so when on a frame than when sitting. Not sure how large of a quilt will fit when it's on the take-up roller - especially if a high loft batting is used.

I think the biggest drawback to the height in the sit down is lack of visibility.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Swap Hosts

Here's another question - I was more inclined to get the sit down -- as I age I wonder how my back would be after a few hours with a frame. Thoughts?
Old 04-05-2014, 10:26 AM

To me, I think a frame would be easier than sitting, my personal opinion, but only you know your body.