Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bailey's Home Quilter >

Bailey's Home Quilter

Bailey's Home Quilter

Old 08-03-2010, 08:53 PM

Does anyone have this machine? How do you like it? What frame do you have it on?
Old 08-03-2010, 09:40 PM

Hi, I own the Bailey 13 inch and I have her on a little grace II frame. It's not as fabulous as a gammil or a tin Lizzie or any of the other big names out there but it's affordable, I can easily stipple, do free motion or follow a pattern with the laser light. I do recommend buying the extra handles so you have a set on both ends and purchase the grace leaders, well worth the money. Good luck with your decision, I did a lot of research and measured throughout my house before deciding which machine and frame worked best for me.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by trif
Hi, I own the Bailey 13 inch and I have her on a little grace II frame. It's not as fabulous as a gammil or a tin Lizzie or any of the other big names out there but it's affordable, I can easily stipple, do free motion or follow a pattern with the laser light. I do recommend buying the extra handles so you have a set on both ends and purchase the grace leaders, well worth the money. Good luck with your decision, I did a lot of research and measured throughout my house before deciding which machine and frame worked best for me.
That's good to hear. I have heard that one of the most important feature on a long arm is a stitch regulator does this machine have this feature? Or the option to add it on?
Old 08-03-2010, 09:59 PM

You can add one I think?, check the website for extra's. I don't have a stitch regulator and personally don't feel the need, once you get comfortable with the machine you will have a good flow, I know alot of people prefer the option.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:14 PM

thanks that's good to know too! I just found it on the website it is an optional item. They have a number to call about classroom machines with less than 10 hours of use I might try calling tomorrow to see how much the discount is and whether I can still get it in the package with the Grace GMQ Pro. It looks like have have machines now with a 17 inch arm bed, hmm.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:06 AM

I bought the 17" with the stitch regulator. I love it! It sits on the Proflex, Super Quilter.

With any new machine there is a learning curve. But, once you "form a relationship with this machine" you won't be sorry!

Best Wishes on your Purchase!
:thumbup:
Old 08-04-2010, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Elly
I bought the 17" with the stitch regulator. I love it! It sits on the Proflex, Super Quilter.

With any new machine there is a learning curve. But, once you "form a relationship with this machine" you won't be sorry!

Best Wishes on your Purchase!
:thumbup:
You live in New York where the company is located have you been able to take classes through them? I don't think they have anyone out West - are classes needed?
Old 08-04-2010, 05:34 AM

I never took classes anywhere, self taught, which means anyone can do it(haha). Chuck at Bailey is very nice and willing to answer any question you have, it's his company. Good luck! Let us know if you decide to purchase.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:06 AM

I have the 15" on a GMQ Pro frame, I'm saving for the stitch regulator I feel I need it to do free motion designs. I do pantographs now because that just takes a good rythm. If I'd had 10,000.00 to spend I would have bought something else but this one fit my budget and I love her, I'm also self taught through books and videos. There is a Bailey yahoo group that has lots of knowledge to share.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by trif
I never took classes anywhere, self taught, which means anyone can do it(haha). Chuck at Bailey is very nice and willing to answer any question you have, it's his company. Good luck! Let us know if you decide to purchase.
So, I called Chuck today and spoke with him the savings is only about $200 on one of the classroom models. They have a 17 inch one, I can put it in a package with the Grace GMQ Pro for $3288.95. I know its a good deal and other machines would cost way more...my husband will probably want to know whether I can make money if I were to purchase this. Do you do work for anyone on your?