Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Baily's Long Arm Quilting machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bailys-long-arm-quilting-machine-t73680.html)

Tweety2911 11-01-2010 11:40 AM

Not too long ago there was a thread on LAQ machines. My DH and I are going to the factory to check out a machine and was wondering if you could give me some pointers on what to look for and what machine you have and why you love it?

kathy 11-01-2010 11:48 AM

there's not a lot of bells and whistles with a Bailey, I have a 15", no stitch regulator but I do okay, I did just get the extended base so I can use rulers and templates.

Tweety2911 11-01-2010 11:57 AM

Thank you Kathy. I am so excited I could burst!

hoppyfrog 11-01-2010 06:28 PM

There is a Yahoo group you could join for Bailey owners and wantabes (like me). Very supportive and there's always someone there to answer questions before and after purchase. I'm green with envy ;-)

mawmawbeve_60 11-01-2010 06:41 PM

I Have the Bailey 15/ with no stitch regulator..may save up for it though....I do pretty good with pantos and have done ok with free mation work...I bought the lollipop for the bailey -extended base.. and the new feet they offer..cant wait to try out the new ruler foot..I bought me the boomerang templete to do wave cross hatching..:)

Tweety2911 11-02-2010 05:39 AM

Thanks Hoppyfrog. Do you have the link to the Yahoo site?
DH has made travel plans for next week and appointment with the facory rep who we hear so much about. Will keep you posted.

hoppyfrog 11-02-2010 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tweety2911
Thanks Hoppyfrog. Do you have the link to the Yahoo site?
DH has made travel plans for next week and appointment with the facory rep who we hear so much about. Will keep you posted.

Do a search for Yahoo Groups. There will be a search area to type in the name. It's baileyquiltingmachines. You'll have to join the group. It only takes a couple of minutes to do so the there's no cost to join. I found this group to have a wealth of info and very helpfull.

Tweety2911 11-02-2010 10:08 AM

Thanks. I went into sign up but cancelled because I don't usually go into Yahoo to check messages. However, I was able to read the some of the comments and they reflect yours. So off to Bailys we go next week. Thanks for all your help :-)

hoppyfrog 11-02-2010 10:16 AM

Thanks. I went into sign up but cancelled because I don't usually go into Yahoo to check messages. However, I was able to read the some of the comments and they reflect yours. So off to Bailys we go next week. Thanks for all your help :-)

You don't have to go to Yahoo to check your messages. It gives you an option to put your regular addy in. That's how I get my messages with my other groups.

Tweety2911 11-02-2010 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog

You don't have to go to Yahoo to check your messages. It gives you an option to put your regular addy in. That's how I get my messages with my other groups.

Will try again. You have been a great help!