Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bali Star Wedding Quilt - Start of Thread! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bali-star-wedding-quilt-start-thread-t285889.html)

CarolinePaj 04-04-2017 02:48 PM

Simply Stunning.... you have done an amazing job! It is going to be a fabulous quilt when it is finished.

Hugs

Caroline

sushi 04-04-2017 03:00 PM

This quilt is amazingly beautiful!!!

minibarn 04-04-2017 06:46 PM

Well, I tried. It will never be on my bucket list as I am not that talented.

feline fanatic 04-06-2017 04:39 AM

I am eagerly awaiting you to finish this beauty. Please give the finished product its own thread so I don't miss it!

Jennifer23 04-06-2017 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts (Post 7796654)
I can't leave my quilting stuff out since I share my room with my african grey parrot (OMG - can you imagine LOL) ... and I was getting tired of piecing it all back together to figure out the next row!

I have a suggestion for doing layout when little paws, or in your case beaks, have other plans. Get a flannel-backed plastic table cloth, and the cardboard tube from a roll of batting (my LQS saved me one when I asked). Do your layout on the fuzzy side of the tablecloth. You can lay it out on the floor, or on a bed, taped to a wall, etc. The fuzz helps hold the pieces in place. To store it, roll it around the tube. The plastic backing will be against the pieces as you roll, so they won't move.

I had used the tablecloth for layout for ages, but the cardboard tube felt like a stroke of genius. Since then I've heard of other people doing the same thing with a pool noodle.

Oh, and your quilt is gorgeous :) You're making amazing progress; I can't wait to see it finished! Have you thought how you're going to quilt it yet?

SewingSew 04-06-2017 06:00 AM

I will be watching for your progress. This will look amazing with your color scheme. Red is my favorite color, and I am in love with your fabric. Your quit is going to be exquisite!

MarionsQuilts 04-06-2017 11:38 AM

Jennifer 23 - that is a fabulous idea!!!!! Thank you so much ... you know what's even funnier? I used to do puzzles, and I had a felt piece for my puzzles ... you would think I would have thought of that!

I will definitely be buying some fuzzy fabric in the near future!

I don't know if I'm going to quilt it or if I'm going to have my friend quilt it. There is a member on here - Krista - who lives in my city, and does long arm quilting. She's done about 5 or 6 of my quilts, and does a fabulous job.

I don't like free motion (OK, I'm horrible at it LOL), and I think this one is just too big (it will be 96x96 when I'm done) to do on my sewing machine. I have a fabulous machine, just don't like quilting with that big of a quilt. Too bulky, and I get frustrated when I have to stop and go all the time.

auntierah09 04-06-2017 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]571110[/ATTACH]

I pieced this quilt top in less that 2 months! I was completely shocked that it went together that quickly! I'll be dropping it off at the quilter's next week... can't wait to see what they do with it! I'd love to see a picture of your progress also. Your fabrics are so pretty!

JanieH 04-07-2017 09:25 AM

auntierah09 - your quilt is stunning. I can't believe how fast you did it. I would still be cutting fabric.

You and MarionsQuilts are so inspiring!

MarionsQuilts 04-07-2017 03:31 PM

Nice job Auntierah09! I wish I could have had it done in two months!!! Between working all day, and then working my dog, I only have about 3 hours a day to quilt LOL ...

There are lots of pictures in this thread - it's my thread, I started it, so if you start at the beginning you'll see the progress!

I'm finishing mine differently though ... I am going to make it square ... so all my stars will finish off!!!!