Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bali Star Wedding Quilt - Start of Thread! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bali-star-wedding-quilt-start-thread-t285889.html)

Vicki1212 02-08-2017 09:51 PM

I also prefer Option 1. This is going to be a really stunning quilt! Can't wait to see the end result.

P.s. How do I subscribe to this thread?

Gay 02-09-2017 04:38 AM

Vicki - go to 'thread tools' at the top of this thread - select 'subscribe to this thread' - then 'add subscription'.

Jan in FL 02-09-2017 05:04 AM

It is going to be stunning! I am also subscribing to your thread. I have not attempted to make any variation of a Wedding Ring pattern but this one is by far my favorite. Thanks for posting.

Shorebird 02-09-2017 05:23 AM

Love the colors!! Post frequently so we can watch your progress. Just as a FYI, Tennessee Quilts is a Judy Neimeyer approved shop, and they will make up kits for any of her patterns They carry patterns, papers, etc............Check out their website....Shipping from there may be less expensive for members in the Midwest and west coast.............and if you are ever in the area of eastern TN, you should truthfully make a stop in this shop!

BEST OF LUCK with your quilt.................I am certain you will make your goal, and that your quilt will be absolutely wonderful!!!

I was visiting a friend in Brevard NC, and we actually drove to this shop, where we spend a full, glorious day checking our fabrics, patterns, etc.............Needless to say, we both came home a bit poorer that day.

linmid 02-09-2017 05:30 AM

Lovely colors and look forward to seeing your progress

MargeD 02-09-2017 02:51 PM

That is going to be an absolutely gorgeous quilt. Can't wait to see it finished.

MarionsQuilts 02-09-2017 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Shorebird (Post 7760435)
Love the colors!! Post frequently so we can watch your progress. Just as a FYI, Tennessee Quilts is a Judy Neimeyer approved shop, and they will make up kits for any of her patterns They carry patterns, papers, etc............Check out their website....Shipping from there may be less expensive for members in the Midwest and west coast.............and if you are ever in the area of eastern TN, you should truthfully make a stop in this shop!

BEST OF LUCK with your quilt.................I am certain you will make your goal, and that your quilt will be absolutely wonderful!!!

I was visiting a friend in Brevard NC, and we actually drove to this shop, where we spend a full, glorious day checking our fabrics, patterns, etc.............Needless to say, we both came home a bit poorer that day.

Thanks, but I live in Ottawa, ON Canada, so all those stores are far away from me!

Here's a funny story about the fabrics tho. When I talked to Patti, I gave her a budget of $400-$500 for the fabric (not including the backing of course). When all was said and done, it was $510 including shipping. I told her no problem, charge my credit card. Which turns out to $760 Canadian LOL ... PLUS I had to pay $95 on duty.

I'm not complaining at all because here in Canada, we just don't have the selection of fabrics that you have in the states!

Fabric Galore 02-09-2017 03:52 PM

I agree with Anniedeb; I like the dark fabrics in the middle also.

Vicki1212 02-10-2017 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Gay (Post 7760373)
Vicki - go to 'thread tools' at the top of this thread - select 'subscribe to this thread' - then 'add subscription'.

Thank you Gay!

Jennifer23 02-11-2017 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts (Post 7760859)
Thanks, but I live in Ottawa, ON Canada, so all those stores are far away from me!

Here's a funny story about the fabrics tho. When I talked to Patti, I gave her a budget of $400-$500 for the fabric (not including the backing of course). When all was said and done, it was $510 including shipping. I told her no problem, charge my credit card. Which turns out to $760 Canadian LOL ... PLUS I had to pay $95 on duty.

I'm not complaining at all because here in Canada, we just don't have the selection of fabrics that you have in the states!

Just so you know, Erin at Around the Block in Beaverlodge, AB also does gorgeous custom kits for Judy Neimeyer quilts. I found her prices reasonable, and it avoids the exchange and duty uncertainty. Obviously you won't be needing another any time soon, but I wanted to mention it for any other Canadians inspired by this thread :)