Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bargello quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bargello-quilts-t123787.html)

Cybrarian 05-17-2011 05:16 PM

Have made 2 love them and all the advice about organization, alternating sewing and labeling is true. Double check things!

gaigai 05-17-2011 10:29 PM

I love them, but won't do the tube method, because I HATE unsewing. So I only do strip-pieced patterns not tube patterns.

suecq 05-18-2011 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by sonisew
Are Bargello quilts difficult to make?

I have been thinking about having a go at one of these. I thought it would be too difficult but your responses to this question have given me the incentive to have a go. Thank you

sonisew 05-18-2011 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by suecq

I have been thinking about having a go at one of these. I thought it would be too difficult but your responses to this question have given me the incentive to have a go. Thank you

We can both give it a try together and show our quilts once they are complete. :)

Just Me... 05-18-2011 04:39 AM

Not hard, just need to stay organized.

gigigray032447 05-18-2011 07:51 AM

I've now made three and they might be my favorite pattern. Someone suggested the scrappy bargello from www.quiltville.com and they were right... it's a great starter one. Naturally, that scrappy was my third one (I didn't start with the easy one first!). The one you see pictured was my second and I made it from a wall hanging pattern I found in a magazine.

EagarBeez 05-18-2011 08:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have made one, but, it is all one sized blocks. I found what they call beginner quilt. Suited me just fine. I used 12 patterns,4 colors. Had DH draw me a pattern which I will enclose here. I cut the squares needed into small sandwich baggies and labeled the baggie by # which made it easier. I think the hardest part is matching seams. The pattern I am showing is for a queen sized.

EagarBeez 05-18-2011 08:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have made one, but, it is all one sized blocks. I found what they call beginner quilt. Suited me just fine. I used 12 patterns,4 colors. Had DH draw me a pattern which I will enclose here. I cut the squares needed into small sandwich baggies and labeled the baggie by # which made it easier. I think the hardest part is matching seams. The pattern I am showing is for a queen sized.

EagarBeez 05-18-2011 08:24 AM

sorry for the double post

MelodyWB 05-18-2011 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)

I just finished my first..my advice is start with an easy one and stay very organized with it..I thiught I was good enough to design and go advanced..it was almost my undoing..lol..I have become addicted to them and won't stop..but start slow!!

unfinished here
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198711[/ATTACH]