Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bargello quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bargello-quilts-t123787.html)

RAChhap 05-18-2011 10:43 AM

The past 2 episodes of Sewing With Nancy were on bargello quilts. I think you can view them online.

sonisew 05-19-2011 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by MelodyWB

Originally Posted by sonisew
Are Bargello quilts difficult to make?

I just finished my first..my advice is start with an easy one and stay very organized with it..I thiught I was good enough to design and go advanced..it was almost my undoing..lol..I have become addicted to them and won't stop..but start slow!!

Did you do the tubing methed (not that i know what that is. i have to look that up.)or the block methed?

sonisew 05-19-2011 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by EagarBeez
I have made one, but, it is all one sized blocks. I found what they call beginner quilt. Suited me just fine. I used 12 patterns,4 colors. Had DH draw me a pattern which I will enclose here. I cut the squares needed into small sandwich baggies and labeled the baggie by # which made it easier. I think the hardest part is matching seams. The pattern I am showing is for a queen sized.

What size did you make your blocks?

Buckeye Rose 05-19-2011 04:22 AM

I wanted to make a bargello quilt, queen size, for my daughter, but thought maybe I would make a table runner first to practice and see just how bad it would be. To my surprise, it wasn't hard at all....actually very easy. The table runner went together in one day with no problems at all. It certainly makes the thought of a queen size one much easier. But do label all your fabrics and make a map...a small piece of all fabrics in order (each numbered)....and keep where you can see. It will help you keep track of what you are doing. Good Luck!

MelodyWB 05-19-2011 05:32 AM

I just finished my first..my advice is start with an easy one and stay very organized with it..I thiught I was good enough to design and go advanced..it was almost my undoing..lol..I have become addicted to them and won't stop..but start slow!!

Did you do the tubing methed (not that i know what that is. i have to look that up.)or the block methed?

I put the strata together(strip sets) and I do not put them in a tube..I leave mine flat!!

gigigray032447 05-19-2011 05:37 AM

I used the squaring up fabric I cut off the end, unsewed it and pinned it to the wall so I could make sure I was sewing every color in the order it should be.

EagarBeez 05-19-2011 08:09 AM

I have made one, but, it is all one sized blocks. I found what they call beginner quilt. Suited me just fine. I used 12 patterns,4 colors. Had DH draw me a pattern which I will enclose here. I cut the squares needed into small sandwich baggies and labeled the baggie by # which made it easier. I think the hardest part is matching seams. The pattern I am showing is for a queen sized.

I cut my blocks 5 inches and ended with 4 and 1/2

sonisew 05-20-2011 04:06 AM

thank you!

I put the strata together(strip sets) and I do not put them in a tube..I leave mine flat!!

sonisew 05-20-2011 04:06 AM

I cut my blocks 5 inches and ended with 4 and 1/2

thank You!

d.swindle 05-20-2011 05:29 PM

the second quilt I made was a bargello quilt, it took me a while,but I only make one quilt a year,I have a book by Cheryl Phillips (quilts without corners) it is a great bargello book and if I can follow it anyone can,
I won the peoples choice at our quilt show with my bargello
I know you will do fine
D.swindle good luck