Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Basel, Switzerland. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/basel-switzerland-t224104.html)

MaryKatherine 06-20-2013 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6132951)
Oh how exciting MaryK!!!!!!!!!! ........... do you need someone to carry your suitcases?
Have a wonderful trip! :)

Since I'm taking over a quilt I'll just have to fill that suitcase with something.
I did finish enlarging the OBW, I just haven't photographed it and posted it yet.
Thanks again for finding the material.
PS I retired today!
MaryKatherine

auntpiggylpn 06-20-2013 11:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine (Post 6133618)
Since I'm taking over a quilt I'll just have to fill that suitcase with something.
I did finish enlarging the OBW, I just haven't photographed it and posted it yet.
Thanks again for finding the material.
PS I retired today!
MaryKatherine

Congratulations on retiring!!!!!!

granny_59 06-20-2013 12:26 PM

hi MaryKatherine

congratulations on retiring and let me know when exactly you come to my hometown..................
All you can do in our quiltshops (cotton and color was already mentioned) is do get a big scare about the prices. lol

Granny

MaryKatherine 06-20-2013 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by granny_59 (Post 6133696)
hi MaryKatherine

congratulations on retiring and let me know when exactly you come to my hometown..................
All you can do in our quiltshops (cotton and color was already mentioned) is do get a big scare about the prices. lol

Granny

From what I've gleaned from this board, the prices on your side of the pond are higher. I just thought it might be nice to get the feel of a quilt shop in another country and maybe a piece of fabric that would remind me of this trip. I really don't have anything in mnd. We're flying over on the 2nd/3rd and I know we have tickets to see Leonard Cohen the following night. But I intend to drag a few bewildered men to some things I want to see. They can sit on a bench outside.
Mary Katherine

QuiltE 06-20-2013 03:08 PM

Wheeeeeee!!!!! You're retired!!
Wonder? whatever will you do with all your time now? :)
Look forward to seeing the debut of the renovated OBW ... whenever!!
For now, I suspect you are tad busy, getting ready to fly away!!:D

Have a wonderful retirement holiday ...... just Switzerland? or other European destinations? :)

MaryKatherine 06-20-2013 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6133962)
Wheeeeeee!!!!! You're retired!!
Wonder? whatever will you do with all your time now? :)
Look forward to seeing the debut of the renovated OBW ... whenever!!
For now, I suspect you are tad busy, getting ready to fly away!!:D

Have a wonderful retirement holiday ...... just Switzerland? or other European destinations? :)

No not a lot. We're visiting Ed's son who is now a citizen of Switzerland. He doesn't come back often as he is so taken with the life in Europe. One trip a year is all we'll be able to afford for a long time. Now that we've got some dry weather I can get a picture of the OBW. I think I bought four yards and used up every inch.
MK

QuiltE 06-20-2013 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine (Post 6134040)
No not a lot. We're visiting Ed's son who is now a citizen of Switzerland. He doesn't come back often as he is so taken with the life in Europe. One trip a year is all we'll be able to afford for a long time. Now that we've got some dry weather I can get a picture of the OBW. I think I bought four yards and used up every inch.
MK

Oh but there are so many countries so close at hand ... you can do more than one a day! :) ENJOY your trip!
What quilt is going on the holiday with you?

MaryKatherine 06-20-2013 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6134056)
Oh but there are so many countries so close at hand ... you can do more than one a day! :) ENJOY your trip!
What quilt is going on the holiday with you?

The purple batik one. It was the girlfriend who requested the colours.
(We ARE spending a few days in Paris on the way back)
MK

MaryKatherine 06-20-2013 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Folletta (Post 6132812)
Hi!
I live in Switzerland. Near Basel there's a quilt shop. http://www.cotton-color.com/
I think that it's the biggest shop in Switzerland. The prices are higher here!

Thanks. I've found it on line!
MK

QuiltE 06-20-2013 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine (Post 6134058)
The purple batik one. It was the girlfriend who requested the colours.
(We ARE spending a few days in Paris on the way back)
MK

Such romantics!!!! ............... or was it the wine? :D