Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Batik Addicts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/batik-addicts-t94303.html)

LeeO123 01-28-2011 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by rb.
Signing in, addict here. LOL. Once I started buying batiks, I stopped buying anything else...except black solid. Cutting my batiks hurts me, but I do it.

< batik avatar

I know what you mean. But it's so worth it.

Wacky Jacky

lizzy 01-28-2011 02:55 AM

Just beautiful. :thumbup:

Heather Hayllar 01-28-2011 03:03 AM

That quilt is gorgeous!!

grann of 6 01-28-2011 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by LeeO123
I just want to say a really big shoutout to all Batik Addicts. I am a huge fan of Batiks. I have recently finished a 3D quilt using Batiks. It has little 3D characters that fly kites and seals and rope. It was such an exciting project.

If you love batiks let me know about your project. I just love new inspiration.

Wacky Jacky

Wow! How cool is that?!?!?! I too love batiks, but have not ventured into an all batik quilt yet....yet.... I am making a QAYG seashell quilt using batiks. It is posted as WIP-QAYG. I got some jelly roll strips that are all dark blue batik, looks to be the same design all through and am looking for inspiration to use them.

ruthrec 01-28-2011 04:53 AM

I, too, love batiks. The colors are so vibrant and each quilt is different. The quilt shown here is totally batik. There are 22 different fabrics in this quilt and the colors make the design. The pattern is the basic log cabin. So easy to do and looks so complicated.

teddysmom 01-28-2011 04:57 AM

Love your quilt! I'm also hooked on batiks. I'm working on a Desert 9 Patch that came as a kit. LOVE IT! I have another block in mind where I'm going to use batiks. Can't wait to finish the D9P to see how it looks when all the blocks are are together.

peabee 01-28-2011 05:01 AM

all the batik quilts are fantastic!! wackyjacky, I LOVELOVELOVE your design and colors! i think batiks are my all time favorite, too. it's scary how much they are a yard these days! keep those gorgeous batik designs coming!

NinaK 01-28-2011 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by LeeO123
I just want to say a really big shoutout to all Batik Addicts. I am a huge fan of Batiks. I have recently finished a 3D quilt using Batiks. It has little 3D characters that fly kites and seals and rope. It was such an exciting project.

If you love batiks let me know about your project. I just love new inspiration.

Wacky Jacky

I love love love batiks.... what is the name of this pattern & what book is it in? Your quilt is gorgeous!

NinaK 01-28-2011 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by maryb119
I love batiks, too. My stash is full of them. Batiks are what catches my eye when I walk in a quilt shop. Prints come and go but I think batiks are timeless. I am working on a batik quilt with embroderied iris on it. The colors are blue, green and lavender with a multi colored batik for the main fabric. It's been a chalenge! I call it "Crazy about Iris".

Beautiful quilt.... I love the batiks and all your details!

be a quilter 01-28-2011 05:26 AM

My only understanding of batik is an Indonesian way of printing the material. What else am I missing? What is so special about batiks, a certain look, feel, quality?