Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Batting Sale from Connecting Threads ?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/batting-sale-connecting-threads-t287429.html)

Rhonda Lee 04-11-2017 08:08 AM

Great info thanks everyone. One more thing I just read on the natural cotton batting I have. It states not to use it with very light and white fabrics because of natural oils in the cotton which can darken and cause spots on the lighter and white fabric. It's ok on medium and darker fabrics. Has anyone experienced this before? I've quilted for years, it's rather strange to be so concerned at this stage of the game but I have a stack of flimsies I've decided to tackle, sigh.

Jennifer23 04-11-2017 09:23 AM

I was just looking over a quilt this weekend that I made in 2013 with Hobbs 80/20 natural. It has a lot of white fabric, but I saw no signs of darkening or discoloration. I was looking pretty closely at the fabric (I love the quilt, but the white isn't wearing well). This isn't a particularly long trial, but I wouldn't worry too much.

fish92241 04-11-2017 10:33 AM

CT also has wide backing fabric on sale. I have used this and it is wonderful.

ppquilter 04-11-2017 06:16 PM

I am currently waiting on a roll of Pellon 80/20 batting to get here from Walmart, its 96" wide by 30 yards at $102 plus tax. Thought it was a great deal and shipped direct to house.

feline fanatic 04-12-2017 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by ppquilter (Post 7802796)
I am currently waiting on a roll of Pellon 80/20 batting to get here from Walmart, its 96" wide by 30 yards at $102 plus tax. Thought it was a great deal and shipped direct to house.

That is a great deal! Please let us know what you think of the batting when you get it. Also for those that want to save on the shipping costs I believe if you have it shipped to your local Walmart and pick it up there is no shipping charges. But it is very convenient to have a bulky roll of batting delivered to your door!

ppquilter 04-12-2017 06:08 AM

The shipping was free to the house. I am just finishing a bolt of the same type 80/20 but it was only 90" wide and love it, that i had gotten off a JoAnn's show on the tv. My local (35 miles away) quilt shop "The Covered Wagon" is quilting my tops with it.

ppquilter 04-12-2017 06:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ppquilter (Post 7803023)
The shipping was free to the house. I am just finishing a bolt of the same type 80/20 but it was only 90" wide and love it, that i had gotten off a JoAnn's show on the tv. My local (35 miles away) quilt shop "The Covered Wagon" is quilting my tops with it.

Here is pic of the label

ppquilter 04-12-2017 06:39 AM

Since my "closest Walmart" is 70 miles away its much easier to ship direct to house.

[TABLE="class: x_setDisplayWidth, align: center"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="align: left"][TABLE="class: x_setDisplayWidthInner, align: center"]
<tbody></tbody>[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: x_setDisplayWidthInner, align: center"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="width: 350, align: left"][FONT='Myriad Pro',Arial,Serif]Item[/FONT][/TD]
[TD="class: x_columnWidth02, width: 100, align: center"][FONT='Myriad Pro',Arial,Serif]Qty[/FONT][/TD]
[TD="class: x_columnWidth03, width: 100, align: right"][FONT='Myriad Pro',Arial,Serif]Price[/FONT][/TD]
[TD="class: x_columnWidth04, width: 100, align: right"][FONT='Myriad Pro',Arial,Serif]Total[/FONT][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: x_columnBodyDataCell, align: left"][FONT='Myriad Pro',Arial,Serif]Pellon Natures Touch Natural Blend 80/20 Batting with Scrim, 96" Wide, 30 Yard Roll[/FONT][/TD]
[TD="class: x_columnBodyDataCell, align: center"][FONT='Myriad Pro',Arial,Serif]1[/FONT][/TD]
[TD="class: x_columnBodyDataCell, align: right"][FONT='Myriad Pro',Arial,Serif]$102.10[/FONT][/TD]
[TD="class: x_columnBodyDataCell, align: right"][FONT='Myriad Pro',Arial,Serif]$102.10[/FONT][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]was just delivered! [/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Rhonda Lee 04-12-2017 07:13 PM