Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Beautiful Fall Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/beautiful-fall-quilt-t271077.html)

nannyrick 10-17-2015 05:03 PM

Oh my!!! That is stunning. You did a magnificent job.. Thanks for showing it.

starshine 10-17-2015 05:14 PM

I agree with the title and your daughter's wedding schedule it was meant to be the quilt for her. When were you planning on starting. Maybe in Jan. I could join in I really like both listed here.

QuiltingVagabond 10-17-2015 06:10 PM

I just placed an order for the wallhanging size version of this quilt, so I will join you Jackie!

kaylfordsollimo 10-19-2015 02:02 AM

This is beautiful. Thanks for posting.

sandyl 10-19-2015 02:51 AM

I love this pattern. Unfortunately I am in the beginning stages of a Judy Niemeyer quilt. But I want to get that pattern for sure. I will be following as you lady's progress with this one.
BTW, there are several pictures of this pattern on Pinterest. Search by Third Weekend in October quilt pattern and they will show up.
Sandy

ILoveToQuilt 10-19-2015 02:51 PM

Thanks for reminding me...I have this pattern filed away to make "later". I think later is now sooner! I just need to finish up a quilt that I am working on (anyone remember "Pansy Parade" from Thimbleberries????) before I can work on anything else. I am trying to be disciplined. Ha! Going to start pulling fabrics from my stash for "October"...Thanks again!

jackiequilts4fun 10-19-2015 06:08 PM

Wow ladies, what a fun post this turned out to be!

I am working on a quilt right now and would like to get this finished before starting the "leaves" quilt.
So maybe January would be a good time to start.

Who's in?
We could try to organize ourselves as a group.

I am starting to collect fabrics for this project already.

ILoveToQuilt 10-26-2015 01:42 PM

Is anyone else having difficulty figuring out the directions? I am confused as to why I need to start in the center of the quilt??? If these are made with "9 patches" shouldn't one be able to start at the top left (or top right) corner and work across? I am also very confused with the paper piecing directions. Can someone help explain them? The pattern I have is the full sized one and was originally printed back in 1999 (bought it when it first came out).

Thanks for the help.

sandyl 10-30-2015 02:52 AM

I"m wondering if anyone has actually started this quilt yet. One of the lady's in our group had made it years ago and brought it in to show me. It. is. stunning. She suggested just using a black background rather than the varied backgrounds the pattern indicates. She worked hers row by row. I will do this as soon as Judy is completed or I get weary of making the same blocks over and over. ha
Sandy

Monale 10-30-2015 03:38 AM

Autumn colours are my favourite colours! This quilt looks stunning and will definitely go on my bucket list!