Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bee fabric (or other insect fabrics) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bee-fabric-other-insect-fabrics-t62166.html)

Annaquilts 08-31-2010 05:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Snakes do to me but DS 10 sleeps under a snake quilt. He specifically asked for it. He is also the kid that has a a bug quilt.

Also have an adult son that is into spiders. I made him a pillow case with realistic spider fabric and his room mate at college forbade him to use it.

Snake quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108055[/ATTACH]

Ms. Shawn 08-31-2010 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Do bee fabrics "creep you out"? Or are you only afraid of real bees" (I know what my MIL would say - she HATES bees!)

How about other bug fabrics?

Should I even ask about .... snake fabrics?

I Love all bee, bug, and snake fabric and any animal!!!! :thumbup: :XD: :-D

reginalovesfabric 08-31-2010 07:26 AM

I have bug fabric haven't used it yet but snakes NO

catrancher 08-31-2010 08:14 AM

I wish bees weren't so maligned. My Dad and I raised bees when I was a little girl. They were like our pets. They really are docile and industrious little critters. In all the years we raised bees, the only time I got stung was when I did something dumb--and I did it knowing that I would probably get stung! My Dad did three tours in Vietnam and I took care of the bees while he was gone. He wrote me letters with instructions on what to do next.

Anyway . . . bees are some of my favorite people. If we didn't have bees, we wouldn't have honey, fruits, vegetables, etc. Wasps and Yellow Jackets, now that's a different story. I hate those buggers.

mar32428 08-31-2010 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Do bee fabrics "creep you out"? Or are you only afraid of real bees" (I know what my MIL would say - she HATES bees!)

How about other bug fabrics?

Should I even ask about .... snake fabrics?

Right now, I'm looking for Ladybug fabrics and not the ones with a lime green background.

mar32428 08-31-2010 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by catrancher
I wish bees weren't so maligned. My Dad and I raised bees when I was a little girl. They were like our pets. They really are docile and industrious little critters. In all the years we raised bees, the only time I got stung was when I did something dumb--and I did it knowing that I would probably get stung! My Dad did three tours in Vietnam and I took care of the bees while he was gone. He wrote me letters with instructions on what to do next.

Anyway . . . bees are some of my favorite people. If we didn't have bees, we wouldn't have honey, fruits, vegetables, etc. Wasps and Yellow Jackets, now that's a different story. I hate those buggers.

I'm a Master Gardener. We learned that most of those wasps etc. eat the white flies, mealy bugs and aphids so they are really our friends too

Ladybugnana 08-31-2010 08:26 AM

I am all about butterflies and especially ladybugs. If I see a piece with ladybugs, I almost always buy it, even if I can't or shouldn't afford it. It is my major addictions.

catrancher 08-31-2010 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by mar32428

Originally Posted by catrancher

I'm a Master Gardener. We learned that most of those wasps etc. eat the white flies, mealy bugs and aphids so they are really our friends too

See? Even the most unsympathetic among us have their purpose.

mar32428 08-31-2010 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Ladybugnana
I am all about butterflies and especially ladybugs. If I see a piece with ladybugs, I almost always buy it, even if I can't or shouldn't afford it. It is my major addictions.

I even have a Ladybug watch band. My friends know my likes so I'm getting quite a collection. Since I'm a MG, my girl friend got me a candy dish made from clay pots painted like a LB. I love it.

dixiechunk 08-31-2010 08:41 AM

As a matter of fact I have a big piece of very realistic snake fabric that I would love to do a purse in...so I can have a snake skin purse. Hee hee hee. Unfortunately I have big time problems making purses.