Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bendable Bright Light (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bendable-bright-light-t46240.html)

Antoinette 05-20-2010 03:53 PM

Ladies how do they attach to the machine? Is it magnet or sticky? Does it slide or stay right where you attach it to the machine. And you can get them at JoAnne's?

shamrock 05-20-2010 04:07 PM

I picked up a neat little one the other day at Joanne's. It is cordless, takes 3 AAA batteries. I don't need it all the time, my machine is in font of a window. Great during daylight, but I needed something more at night, or dark days. This can be free standing, but I have it adhered to the side of my machine. The flexible arm is about 12 inches and has 3 little LED bulbs in it, so it doesn't radiate a lot of heat. $15.95, but I had my coupon. It suits my purpose.

marla 05-22-2010 01:04 PM

Yesit is helpful. I can see so much better with it. Of ALL the quilt supplies, this is the greatest,

Julie in NM 05-22-2010 02:19 PM

Use mine all the time. Just love and wonder how I got along w/o it. Sometimes nancysnotions.com has it on sale. That where I think I ordered mine about a year ago.

BrendaB 05-22-2010 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by marla
Yesit is helpful. I can see so much better with it. Of ALL the quilt supplies, this is the greatest,

Marla, your avatar is beautiful! Oh, and thanks to whomever started this thread. I just ordered a bendable light from JA too, and used the 50% off coupon that I also heard about here. Thank you, so much. I've had so much trouble seeing where my fabric is under the PF. This should really help with my quarter inch seams. :thumbup:

Melinda in Tulsa 05-23-2010 07:25 AM

You won't be sorry, it is money well spent. Us *older* gals have these nice machines and then mother nature won't let us see what we are doing!

BrendaB 05-24-2010 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
You won't be sorry, it is money well spent. Us *older* gals have these nice machines and then mother nature won't let us see what we are doing!

You got that right!! lol

shamrock 05-24-2010 05:49 AM

Mine sticks with an adhesive block, you stick it on the case of the light. You can remove the battery, flexible arm and light components from the case if you want to borrow it for another machine or another purpose, easy to change batteries. I saw Janome's new "Horizon" the other day, I believe it had 5 lights around the needle area.

Bev 05-24-2010 08:54 AM

I just installed mine. It came with the "sticky" block and little hooks with sticky stuff to keep the cord under control. As soon as I started using it I felt so much better! I could finally SEE what was going on under the needle. :D
I wish I had gotten it sooner. The newest Janome I have, a Jem Platinum 760, has a light so dim you can't even tell when it's turned on. I don't know if they're all like that, but this has been a problem for me. Just the light, nothing else. I love my Janomes. 8-)

AnnaK 05-24-2010 04:57 PM

Antoinette, it attaches with sticky hooks and plugs into an outlet (no batteries). I've had mine for a couple of months and have had no trouble with either stickies or lamp. It's great especially for sewing dark fabrics at NIGHT. My eyesight is not what it used to be. Good luck with it.