Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bendable Bright Light (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bendable-bright-light-t46240.html)

Wine Woman 05-19-2010 06:50 AM

I really like mine! However, I'm a little different than everyone else. I didn't want to attach it to my machines. I use a couple of featherweights and a Bernina. So I filled a plastic cylinder with clear marbles (2 X 2 X 8 inches) and use that behind my machines. Works great. Also, after buying mine I shopped at IKEA and found a couple of nice LED lights that would work as well. They were a fraction of the price!

steelecg 05-19-2010 07:07 AM

I have one on my machine and I do like it, but I find I have to adjust it often. Good luck -

AnnaK 05-19-2010 07:24 AM

I do like the bendable light but it is different than the Ott light I have on my sewing table; it is a more focused light which I like to place right on my sewing foot especially for sewing dark fabrics. The best price I found was at quilting-warehouse.com

They also have the adapter kit that you can attach to any other machine so you can use your one light with several machines.

Covered in Threads 05-19-2010 07:27 AM

I have bought all of my "sewing lights" from JoAnn's. I use the Ott-light floor model with bendable neck in the living room for hand sewing. The small portable Ott-light for workshops & retreats. But my favorite is a Day Light adjustable height desk lamp I got a few years back. Heavy base so it's not easily push over but the neck and canopy over the light bulb are adjustable and perfect for detail and night work in my craft room. Though the Ott's give a true picture of color the Day Light gives these computer tired eyes after a day of work what they need to see details. Costs varied but the Ott's were a lot more even after using JoAnn's 40% off coupons. Keep an eye out on the sales, and be selective. One thing I will say a lamp from the furniture or office supply store doesn't do what I need to sew by.

Thread Lady 05-19-2010 07:47 AM

I love mine as well particularly when doing workshops in places that don't have adequate lighting. Since I have more than one machine I went on the website and ordered more mounts so I can switch the light as needed.

Jan

Pickle 05-19-2010 08:01 AM

Thanks for all the good suggestions, I think I will stick with the Ott light for now.

Linda - K. 05-19-2010 08:21 AM

I have 2 and love them. My old eyes need the extra illumination on what I'm working on. I highly recommend them.

Mary Bird 05-19-2010 09:09 AM

I was thinking of getting one for my 'extra' machine that I use to take to classes. These glowing reports make it a definite purchase. I'm getting the new Janome Horizon soon, and the lights on that machine are fab-u-loso! No need for a bendable light on that one.

peabee 05-19-2010 09:35 AM

the bendables are awesome. i think i brought from j hittle, about $35.00

zz-pd 05-19-2010 10:35 AM

I want one