Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bendable Light for Sewing Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bendable-light-sewing-machine-t121061.html)

Numa 05-05-2011 03:11 PM

I have one and it works great. I use it with my vintage machines. As the day goes on, I really appreciate it!

valsma 05-05-2011 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by gunny148
Check you local Goodwill and Salvation Army Stores, found a goose neck lamp paid 2.99 for it i pur in a haligan bulb and work great. bulb cost more than the lamp

I use a cheap goose neck desk lamp that sits on my cutting table nest to the table my sewing machine sits on . Works just fine for me. I would love to have one of the fancy type with special lighting for the eyes but, it's out of my budget so I make do. Sorry that doesn't answer your question.

sewcrafty 05-05-2011 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
I've been wondering about these myself. I have a computerized machine, so anything with a magnet to go on my machine scares the hey out of me. Would like to know if it has been a problem for anyone?

No magnets. It has little plastic hooks that go on the back of the machine to hold the cord in place. Also a sticky tab where the light attach's to the top/front of the machine. If you have more than one machine you can buy the sticky tab part separately.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I've only seen the magnetic ones.

Kitsie 05-05-2011 04:39 PM

Check you local Goodwill and Salvation Army Stores, found a goose neck lamp paid 2.99 for it i pur in a haligan bulb and work great. bulb cost more than the lamp

Yep, I put in an Ott bulb for $10.00. Have the bendable lite (Was only $35.00 at that time and it works - no magnets). Found my eyes got tired from the bright"glare" of the small spot of intense light. I like the Ott light much better. It's only 15 W so not expensive to have on.

Kitsie 05-05-2011 04:40 PM

Yep, I put in an Ott bulb for $10.00. Have the bendable lite (Was only $35.00 at that time and it works - no magnets). Found my eyes got tired from the bright"glare" of the small spot of intense light. I like the Ott light much better. It's only 15 W so not expensive to have on.

KathyAire 05-05-2011 05:16 PM

I agree that the bendable light is wonderful if you get the electric one. There is also a bendable battery operated light that isn't worth a flip.

luckylindy333 05-05-2011 05:21 PM

I got the good one from J. Huttle and I love it! It has a bendy arm and plugs in. I was using an Ott light but it was casting shadows. With the little light, I can bend it down and point it right at the needle on my sewing machine. I use two machines, am going to have to get another light. Thanks for the link, Alice, to the less expensive one. I paid $35.00 for mine, don't know what brand it is, though.

quiltgran2 05-05-2011 05:47 PM

Yes, I have one as described. It is fantastic, nice and bright and you can bend it to shine exactly where you want.

TonnieLoree 05-05-2011 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
I've been wondering about these myself. I have a computerized machine, so anything with a magnet to go on my machine scares the hey out of me. Would like to know if it has been a problem for anyone?

Absolutely no problems with magnets and my computerized machine. That issue was resolved eons ago.

Cookie46 05-05-2011 06:07 PM

I have one and paid around $29 for mine. I don't know what I'd do without it. I also have Ott lights but cannot have that beam of light right on your needle with an Ott light as I can with the bendable light. It has made all the difference in the world in my stitching. Hope you can find one at a less expensive price point. Good luck. I don't think you can go wrong with one of these lights.