Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Bendable Light for Sewing Machine

Does anyone use a bendable light that attaches to your sewing machine. I saw one in a quilting catalogue and was wondering if they were any good. The one I saw was $40.00. I do have an ott light by my machine but this little light looks like it will shine right down on the needle area. Any help will be appriciated. Thanks.

I heard that there is a small fishing light that you can tape on your sewing machine. Its bendable. I bought mine at wal mart for 4.00 dollars. Its in the hardware dept. Its small and it does bend. I love it.

I've been wondering about these myself. I have a computerized machine, so anything with a magnet to go on my machine scares the hey out of me. Would like to know if it has been a problem for anyone?

Check you local Goodwill and Salvation Army Stores, found a goose neck lamp paid 2.99 for it i pur in a haligan bulb and work great. bulb cost more than the lamp

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have one, and I don't know what I did without it. It is perfect, you can shine it right on your needle and it is really bright. I have a goose-neck, but it just isn't the same. I highly recommend it!!

Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    I've been wondering about these myself. I have a computerized machine, so anything with a magnet to go on my machine scares the hey out of me. Would like to know if it has been a problem for anyone?
    No magnets. It has little plastic hooks that go on the back of the machine to hold the cord in place. Also a sticky tab where the light attach's to the top/front of the machine. If you have more than one machine you can buy the sticky tab part separately.

I have one on each of my sewing machines and I absolutely love them. My eyes aren't what they used to be and the extra light that I can move and point to where I need it is just right. I loved the first one I got so much that I went and got another one for my other machine. You can buy an extra attachment to move the light from machine to machine but I preferred to have one for each machine.

Here's a link for a better price ($24.97).
    http://store.quilting-warehouse.com/...FRXCsgodazrcvQ

Blog Entries
    i bought the cheaper one at joanns..and it was junk..at least for me, everytime i went to adjust it, it would come out of the thingy that holds it.
    invest in a better one than i got. the idea is awesome!

Don't buy the one at Joann's that is on the Notion Wall for $15.99. Even with coupon not worth a darn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilter41
    Don't buy the one at Joann's that is on the Notion Wall for $15.99. Even with coupon not worth a darn.
    yes, thats the one i got..waste of money!

Banned
    It's a stick-on, not a magnet

I have one on all my machines (3) and love it.
    Try googling it for a better price - I got mine online for alot less, can't remember where

Blog Entries
    It does really make a difference in seeing your work. I didn't believe it would make that much of a difference--it does!

I have one and love it!!! Nice bright light that not only helps with my sewing but should I need to do....um...frog stitching I can bend it to light up that area. :)
    sass

I have one of the bendable lights and love it. I don't know how I got along without it for so long. I also bought an extra holder to attach to my small machine that I take to classes and for sewing with friends. If you can afford one, I highly recommend it. :lol:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blossom808
    I heard that there is a small fishing light that you can tape on your sewing machine. Its bendable. I bought mine at wal mart for 4.00 dollars. Its in the hardware dept. Its small and it does bend. I love it.
    I got one, too, but found it in the fishing department, if your store still has a fishing department :)

I have one and love it. Wonder how I did without it. Before I got it, I used the portable Ott light which I didn't like as well plus it takes up too much room.

I have one and I really like it. It is out of my way at all times. It shines directly on the needle. Makes it easier to see where I am going. I have the Ott lights but they seem to be in the way of my fabric when it is right behind the machine. JMHO

Thkx I will be looking for one...sounds like it is just what I need.

I have one and I love it. It is exactly like the one that SewAlice gave a link to. I paid $40. for mine about 2 months ago, and I don't know how I managed without it. I would have much rather paid $29. for it. :)

I have bad eyesight, but I would like this even if my eyes were young and healthy!

I have one and it works great. I use it with my vintage machines. As the day goes on, I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by gunny148
    Check you local Goodwill and Salvation Army Stores, found a goose neck lamp paid 2.99 for it i pur in a haligan bulb and work great. bulb cost more than the lamp
    I use a cheap goose neck desk lamp that sits on my cutting table nest to the table my sewing machine sits on . Works just fine for me. I would love to have one of the fancy type with special lighting for the eyes but, it's out of my budget so I make do. Sorry that doesn't answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
    No magnets. It has little plastic hooks that go on the back of the machine to hold the cord in place. Also a sticky tab where the light attach's to the top/front of the machine. If you have more than one machine you can buy the sticky tab part separately.
    Awesome! Thanks for the info. I've only seen the magnetic ones.

Blog Entries
    Yep, I put in an Ott bulb for $10.00. Have the bendable lite (Was only $35.00 at that time and it works - no magnets). Found my eyes got tired from the bright"glare" of the small spot of intense light. I like the Ott light much better. It's only 15 W so not expensive to have on.

Blog Entries
    Yep, I put in an Ott bulb for $10.00. Have the bendable lite (Was only $35.00 at that time and it works - no magnets). Found my eyes got tired from the bright"glare" of the small spot of intense light. I like the Ott light much better. It's only 15 W so not expensive to have on.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast