Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Best thimble "ever" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/best-thimble-%22ever%22-t149286.html)

Iamquilter 09-01-2011 11:28 AM

One year I went through so many thimbles, must have been a bad batch of metal so I had my hubby make me two because in the mornings my finger is bigger and in the afternoon it is smaller. they will never wear out, they are made of solid steel.

Quiltlady330 09-01-2011 11:29 AM

[quote=rosemary krupski]I am happy as a lark - I found the best thimble ever! I must own twenty thimbles and I do not like any of them. I use them for a while and then get so tired of dropping them or feeling uncomfortable with them on that I take them off and just pierce my finger instead.
Yesterday I found one that I LOVE. It is made by Clover - "Protect and Grip Thimble". It is so comfortable. It is a rubber-like thimble that stretches to fit your finger and has a metal tip with a small edge on it. It doesn't slip off and doesn't fit too tight. I bought it at JoAnn's...

I bought mine a couple of years ago at a quilt show and agree with you 100%. I was hesitant at first but absolutley love it. I wouldn't trade now. Mine is shocking pink with the metal tip. :)

EasyPeezy 09-01-2011 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie
Yes! I was delighted to find them too! Only ones small enough to fit my finger and not push up into my protruding knuckle.

Have the leather ones also. Anybody tell me why the package contains 3 sizes?? So that you must buy all three instead of the size that fits you? My fingers don't change size!

Enjoy the day, everyone

Maybe that's the kind I should buy. There are days where I could use 2-3 different size. I swear. :roll:

I like the Clover silicone ones too. Need to buy a few more...in different sizes. :)

skjack 09-01-2011 02:17 PM

I love it too. I couldn't use any other thimble and had given up and just pricked my finger and quilt sewing when got too sore. but a friend gave me one for xmas and tried it and it works for me and bought a second one to have with traveling project.
can order from Nancy's notions.

peaceandjoy 09-01-2011 02:34 PM

Have one, don't like it. Mine is pink, can you tell size by color? (Am offering it to somebody here to see if they'd like to try it). I posted on another thread yesterday - I've spent $7.50 to $12.50 on many thimbles, trying to "save" money by not buying Roxanne's.

Finally gave up, bought a Roxanne. Now I have two (one bought @ auction) in 1 size different for different days.

Had a heck of a time trying to decide between Roxanne and Thimblelady. Roxanne's come in sterling or in silver plated. I've spent more than $50 on thimbles I don't use; my $50 Roxanne has already seen more use than all of the others combined.

matraina 09-01-2011 04:31 PM

I have that one, too, and I love it. I have many, many, many that didn't work out for me. I tried this Clover one, and I love it. I'm thinking about getting another one.

Bren 09-01-2011 04:33 PM

Thx for the tip; I will try it!

bettysew 09-01-2011 06:58 PM

I use just a regular cheap metal thimble. Had trouble with it falling off and was wearing a small. Wrapped a small piece of bandage tape around my finger and no more slipage.
Works great for me.

running1 09-01-2011 07:21 PM

I have the "thimblelady" thimble... the plastic one and I love it. I can't remember how much I paid for it... took a class years ago on learning her handquilting technique... sigh... don't really remember the technique either, but still enjoying handquilting and have found out the practice really does help!! :lol:

sew1096 09-02-2011 02:30 AM

I know what you mean. I have several thimbles both expensive and not and I love this one from Clover the best of all. It is so comfortable and fits so well I sometimes forget I have it on! :D