Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Best thimble "ever" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/best-thimble-%22ever%22-t149286.html)

bernie 09-02-2011 08:02 PM

I have a diamond thimble, I ordered a second one "just in case" this is were I got it. www.beehappyquilting.com/products/quilting.../diamond-thimble I think this is the best one I have found, and it has lasted me a really long time and is still in very good shape, I am so pleased with it, but I am going to be on the look-out for a protect and grip thimble, looks like a good one. Thank you for sharing.

butterflies5518 09-03-2011 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Suzanne in VT
I tried dozens and finally found the one that is the best for me (after watching a Simply Quilts episode years ago).

I splurged and purchased a thimble from the Thimblelady. I love it because doesn't cover the top of your finger and you do your quilting with the side of your finger. It's hard to explain, but if you watch a video of how it's used you will understand.

It's a bit pricey...OK, a lot pricey, but it is SO WORTH IT! You tend to pay more attention to where you store it when you spend that much money :) . I have had it for about 6 years not and it is priceless as far as I am concerned.

Suzanne

I totally agree! I use Thimblelady for hand quilting and a leather one for hand stitching binding. I just got mine last month and treasure it.

Annya 09-06-2011 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I just looked it up to see what it looks like. That kind of thimble doesn't work for me :(
I can only use leather and have to replace frequently, darn!

Why don''t you make your own leather thimbles,Sue? I make mine out of scrap leather and they last a long time and best of all THEY ARE FREE AND EASY TO MAKE.

Fixedgearhead 09-06-2011 02:10 AM

I tend to use leather thimbles, when I use thimbles. I have really fat stubby fingers and I have to special order any thimble I buy as they never have any in stock at the local quilt shops. Which makes sense, as most of the buyers are women with smaller finger sizes. I bought a gauge that measures your finger size and now if I want to order one I know the size to order.
John

VaNella 09-06-2011 02:15 AM

I will try it. Thanks!

Originally Posted by rosemary krupski
I am happy as a lark - I found the best thimble ever! I must own twenty thimbles and I do not like any of them. I use them for a while and then get so tired of dropping them or feeling uncomfortable with them on that I take them off and just pierce my finger instead.
Yesterday I found one that I LOVE. It is made by Clover - "Protect and Grip Thimble". It is so comfortable. It is a rubber-like thimble that stretches to fit your finger and has a metal tip with a small edge on it. It doesn't slip off and doesn't fit too tight. I bought it at JoAnn's, and since I am the type, that once I find something good, I go back and buy another one -( just in case????)! I am heading back today. Hope they still have them.

If you are a thimble user, run and buy one!!!

Jrrich 09-10-2011 02:11 PM

Same here, bet I have 20 I've tried also. Bought mine at JoAnn's too, think it was around $9.00 before 1/2 off coupon. I just love it!!