Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Best way to sell my fabric? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/best-way-sell-my-fabric-t53441.html)

katied772 07-08-2010 11:01 AM

Thanks everyone. I've looked at some other areas of this site and am realizing how much I miss quilt talk. Feels like home.

Kaye-Kaye 07-08-2010 11:20 AM

If you stay on here long enough to make 20 posts, you may getted hooked again and decide to keep your stash! You will get a big turnout at your yardsale if you advertise fabric, but you wont get much for it. People at yard sales are looking for a deal. I would try to sell it here first to get at least a portion of what it is worth. Good Luck!

donnajean 07-08-2010 11:33 AM

I've been reading & replying to posts on the Quilting Board for a while now, but don't exactly understand how to become a "Regular" member. Maybe it will happen someday for me as I am trying to cut down my stash as well. There are many great quilters & sometimes it's hard to keep up with the posts.

GrammaO 07-08-2010 11:40 AM

If you joined in '07 I can't imagine that you're not considered a regular. I just joined in March this year and am a 'regular'. If it has to do with the number of posts I guess that would explain it. I'm so addicted to this board. Anyway, you can contact board administrator with questions.

Originally Posted by donnajean
I've been reading & replying to posts on the Quilting Board for a while now, but don't exactly understand how to become a "Regular" member. Maybe it will happen someday for me as I am trying to cut down my stash as well. There are many great quilters & sometimes it's hard to keep up with the posts.

QuiltingGrannie 07-08-2010 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by katied772
Thanks everyone. I've looked at some other areas of this site and am realizing how much I miss quilt talk. Feels like home.

Welcome to a quilter's dream home! We all love it here, share and learn from everyone. Who knows you may decide to stay a long time and get back into quilting. Or at least be part of the sharing and fun we have.

If you follow the rules, it doesn't take long to become a regular. Read the Classified section of this board and you will see how others have sold fabric.

Good luck no matter which way you decide to sell it.

I'm sure several of us will be watching for your sale posts.
In the mean time, sit back, relax, enjoy the home feeling.

:thumbup:

justwannaquilt 07-08-2010 12:15 PM

20 posts in a two week period will get you regular status. I have been in and out of the shed with this status. Sometimes life does not allow me to post 20 posts even in two weeks. and I don't see a point in posting just to have a "title"!

BTW! welcome to the board and I am just wondering why you stopped quilting? boardum? Loss of time? What happened? Maybe hanging out here a little bit will change your mood!

katied772 07-08-2010 12:20 PM

I had to sell my logarm machine and can't hand quilt anymore because of carpal tunnel/arthritis in thumbs.

SharonC 07-08-2010 12:27 PM

Regardless of whether you will be a regular or not. Welcome. I do suggest that you give us a try and see if you enjoy our company....birds of a feather and all. Being part of the forum won't take up any more space than you've already used for the computer :).
Enjoy, and welcome.
Sharon

bearisgray 07-08-2010 12:27 PM

You could also try posting on Craig's List -

not as a "garage/yard" sale, but as a "fabric collector's" sale - along with the prices you want to charge - perhaps with pictures.

sahm4605 07-08-2010 12:32 PM

It is a very sad day that you will be giving up your sewing. maybe you could peice tops and maybe machine quilt or send them out. I think that if you are here long enough you will become addicted again. if you don't want to be, then stay away from the pics people post. they will get your quilting juices flowing agian. hehe