Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Best way to sell my fabric? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/best-way-sell-my-fabric-t53441.html)

crawford1219 07-08-2010 02:24 PM

Get your 20 posts in then post some pics in the classifieds so we can buy some from you! :) I love looking at all of the fabrics that are posted for sale and have bought from board members quite a few times. I am sure you will be able to sell off your stash quickly through this board-there are several of us who are new to quilting and need to build up our stash and several of us who are just addicted to fabric :) Welcome!

Marlys 07-08-2010 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by katied772

Originally Posted by sweet
Well, if you keep looking around this forum at the pics and the tutorials, you may get re-inspired! Plus encouragement abounds here!

Also, if you mention the nearest town in your state, there may be a member close by that would want to help ya out. :)

I'm near Canton, Ohio

OK, I need to know if you still know the shortest way to all the quilt shops! I will be in Akron the end of August and need a guide!!! I'm not sure I can rely on the GPS to get me to all the quilt shops I want to go to!

StitchinJoy 07-08-2010 03:17 PM

I would contact the local quilt guilds and tell them I am having a private sale on the first Saturday in August, or whenever. You will need friends to help you cut and sell. The guild ladies will descend upon your sale like the clothaholics they are. (Me too.)

Good luck with the sale.

scrapcollector 07-08-2010 03:22 PM

Welcome, I would go back to quilting. I sewed for 10 yrs and never tried quilting. Burned out on sewing, then, finally decided to take a beginners class and guess what?

I love piecing a quilt

katied772 07-08-2010 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Marlys

Well, if you keep looking around this forum at the pics and the tutorials, you may get re-inspired! Plus encouragement abounds here!

Also, if you mention the nearest town in your state, there may be a member close by that would want to help ya out. :)

I'm near Canton, Ohio

OK, I need to know if you still know the shortest way to all the quilt shops! I will be in Akron the end of August and need a guide!!! I'm not sure I can rely on the GPS to get me to all the quilt shops I want to go to!

I still know. Contact me when you are coming and I'll share the info with you.

stpatmom 07-08-2010 06:26 PM

I'm near Canton, Ohio

Okay, so if you do decide to sell, I may have to take a road trip. Better start playing the lottery now.............Keep your fingers crossed!

costumegirl 07-08-2010 06:43 PM

Katied - I LOL at your comment about hiding some of your purchases from your DH! I think many of us have done that! :) Hope you rekindle some of your creativity and join us. There is lots of info sharing here and it sounds like you have lots of info from your experience to share.

Yankee Quilter 07-09-2010 06:14 AM

I agree that this is a really great site! I go here first for ALL my online quilting questions and info.

FranW 07-09-2010 09:22 PM

Small World! I am in Canton, OH, too. But I am not going to ask any more about your fabric b/c I am on a strict "buy no more" plan (at least until work picks back up). Good Luck!

Tinabodina 07-10-2010 04:44 AM

I agree, read our classified section for the rules and make your posts, then take the pictures and put them on here. We love fabric. I am sad that you feel you will not quilt anymore. I am not sure of why you stopped, but remember the happiness it gave you when you were quilting. :-(