Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Big Goof-up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/big-goof-up-t298807.html)

Battle Axe 08-10-2018 04:23 AM

Big Goof-up

1 Attachment(s)
Have you ever made a bigger goof up? This is the block of the week from Debbie McInnis in Wash. state. She sends two 11 inch block instructions per week. Usually I have no trouble, but I may be distracted by all the medical tests they are running on me. (I am passing them all!!)

The three on the left are correct, the disaster is the long cabin block where I guess I did not read the directions. It was one seam from the state you see it in here before I realized that these blocks are going somewhere on the back of this quilt. It all goes in a tub and gets put on the UFO shelf until I can calm down.[ATTACH=CONFIG]599244[/ATTACH]

The part I missed was the one inch wide and various lengths. I used the various lengths as the widths.

JustAbitCrazy 08-10-2018 04:27 AM

If they're to go on the back of the quilt, what is the mistake? Sorry, I don't understand. Did you use up fabric intended for the front in making them?

SusieQOH 08-10-2018 04:34 AM

Your blocks on the left are gorgeous! I don't understand the problem with the logs either. What am I missing?

Battle Axe 08-10-2018 04:36 AM

The block should measure total 11 inches. Those blocks are huge. I was to sew all 4 of them together just like the three that are correct. 4 little blocks to make one big one.

Marcia

SusieQOH 08-10-2018 04:43 AM

Oh, I see.
Well, I'm glad you're passing all your medical tests! That's more important.

Rhonda K 08-10-2018 04:44 AM

OH Dear!

They look beautiful. If you can fit them into the backing leave them. If you must re-do that is OK too! Looks like you can save the strips and cut them down for the blocks. It's an easy mistake to do when distracted by all those tests. Thankful you passed!

feline fanatic 08-10-2018 05:34 AM

The blocks and your fabric are all beautiful, including the LC blocks. Hopefully you have enough fabric left to make new ones, but if not, it looks to me like the "logs" were cut way too large, especially when compared to the red center. You may be able to pick them apart and remake them with the units cut down to the correct size.

Glad to hear all your tests are coming back in your favor!

Battle Axe 08-10-2018 06:15 AM

No more picking out for me. I have PLENTY of fabric left. I'll just start a new. I need to put this away and do my winter theme blocks. Those have a deadline. Thanks for laughing with me.

Jane Quilter 08-10-2018 06:18 AM

It is so unlike you to make a goof up, but written directions can be confusing. I love your fabrics and colors. The correct logs are so small, I can see you have enough fabric if you just pick them apart. :( Like you said, calm down, try again. I can see this is going to be gorgeous. (Glad your test are going well).

Battle Axe 08-10-2018 06:22 AM

How kind of you to have such confidence in me. I think I was in a hurry too. They have send out blocks 1-8 already and I have only 3 done.