Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Birthday present (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/birthday-present-t36026.html)

Chasing Hawk 02-07-2010 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Minnie
Josephine was my ggrandmothers name and she was called Josie for short. Conincidence???? HUM....LOL

Josephine was my Aunt's name.

Minnie 02-07-2010 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts

Originally Posted by Charlee
What a beauty!! :) Happy Birthday and Happy V-day!

Needlebar.org is a GREAT site! They helped me to ID my machine for what she is...which is NOT what the serial number and the Singer website had me believing! ;) (Hannah is actually made in 1912, not 1879...and is a Singer 9W.)

Anyway....you got a steal...isn't it fun? What are you going to name her?

Her name is Josephine - Josie for short. She's named after my grandmother. Neither she nor my mother would approve of giving her a name let alone that name but she neeeds an olfashioned name and that's what came to mind. I will check out needlebar.org and thanks for the information.

My ggrandmothers name was Josephine and she was called Josie for short.....Small world huh....LOL

Minnie 02-07-2010 08:43 AM

woopsss...sorry boooboooo

chris_quilts 02-07-2010 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Minnie

Originally Posted by Charlee
What a beauty!! :) Happy Birthday and Happy V-day!

Needlebar.org is a GREAT site! They helped me to ID my machine for what she is...which is NOT what the serial number and the Singer website had me believing! ;) (Hannah is actually made in 1912, not 1879...and is a Singer 9W.)

Anyway....you got a steal...isn't it fun? What are you going to name her?

Her name is Josephine - Josie for short. She's named after my grandmother. Neither she nor my mother would approve of giving her a name let alone that name but she neeeds an olfashioned name and that's what came to mind. I will check out needlebar.org and thanks for the information.

My ggrandmothers name was Josephine and she was called Josie for short.....Small world huh....LOL

Grammy went by Jo to her nephews, I believe, and Josephine to everyone else including her husband. Very small world.

skpkatydid 02-07-2010 07:56 PM

My MIL ,my children's grandmother is named Josephine and went by Jo.

Marcia 02-11-2010 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Marcia
Happy Birthday and Happy Valentine's Day to you!!!! What a gorgeous machine!!!

I hope you are able to find a manual and any parts you need to get this beauty up and working for you. Miss Josie deserves to be loved again.

Welcome to the board!! I used to live in Leavenworth (1989-1990 and again 1992-1996) but I was a X-stitcher then and not a quilter. I did shop at Quilter's Quarters for fabric for other projects and I loved Peddler's Wagon in Parkville.

Marcia; I may have known you as a cross stitcher as that's what I did then also. I worked forever on a motorcycle for a buddy and then started a unicorn for hubby. That one's a UFO!! Small world and hoping you like Georgia. Where's your husband stationed - Ft Benning or Ft Stewart?

My husband is now retired and so we get to live in a "civilian community!" We are smack in the middle of GA (Forsyth) and loving it!!! Now my husband is a consultant and works part of his day at Ft MacPherson in Atlanta. (There is also Ft Gillem and Ft Gordon in GA---we love our Army posts here :-) )

gramqlts 02-11-2010 01:59 PM

You a got a real bargain and beautiful machine. And how thoughtful of your sweet hubby to get you something so thrilling. For years I would go get my own xmas, birthday, etc presents and my honey would just give me money....when got home I would wrap them very pretty and put on the card "To the one I love, from the one who loves you" or "to my sweet honey from your darling". Always brought smiles to my face when time to open them....lol

chris_quilts 02-13-2010 03:09 PM

Lovely people on the board: Just an update. It is a double spool, which i knew, byut thought the bobbin spool cover had been lost. It is intact and was able to download a manual from neeedlebar.org. I'm so excited by this turn of events. Chris