Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Block of the Month-am I being unreasonable? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/block-month-am-i-being-unreasonable-t88734.html)

featherweight 01-08-2011 02:43 PM

That would P*** me off too. If you wanted it to look like the display they should have provided the fabric for it.
NO, you are not being unreasonable.

amma 01-08-2011 02:44 PM

It should have been declared when you picked up the pack... it should not have been assumed that you would be agreeable :D:D:D

CarrieAnne 01-08-2011 02:54 PM

I think they should have told you first!

nursie76 01-08-2011 02:58 PM

I am also one who has problems picking out coordinating fabrics for a quilt. I rarely buy kits (or BOM's), but when I do, it is because I like the sample in the quilt shop. I would be very upset if this happened to me. I think that since you were not warned ahead, that you should complain and ask to have then allow you to substitute a more suitable (to you) fabric. Good Luck.

Pam B 01-08-2011 03:06 PM

No, I do not think you are being unreasonable at all. If they will not make it 'right' for you, do you think you could find the fabric you were intending to be using on-line? I realize that would be an extra cost but, to me, it might be worth it in the long run. After all, you already have a huge amount of money and time invested in your BOM quilt. That was really not very nice of the quilt shop to not be 'up-front' with the customers.

dunster 01-08-2011 03:24 PM

There seems to be a real problem with this LQS. If you "frequently mentioned" your concern, and the owner "finally admitted" the substitution, then it's pretty apparent she knew that she was in the wrong. Decide what would be an acceptable solution to the problem from your perspective and present it to her. It might be a full refund if you haven't gotten too far with assembling the blocks.

Bevsie 01-08-2011 03:28 PM

Hi,

I work in my LQS and I know that we would never do that unless we told the customer that a substitution was made! I, personally, if it happened to me would complain because when I buy a kit or a block of the month I expect it to be like the sample in the shop.

Sorry this happened to you, shame on them. You should have been given a choice as your alternate.

Bev

mamaw 01-08-2011 03:33 PM

I believe they should have told you of their dilemma and offered you the option to stay in or not, after showing you the fabrics that they had substituted. Not speaking well for the shop. Maybe we should all know who it is in case they do business online also.

Raggiemom 01-08-2011 03:41 PM

I would be upset too. I hope you can find the correct fabric somewhere else.

Twisted Quilter 01-08-2011 03:47 PM

You are not being unreasonable! I would ask for a refund, or ask if you can pick out your own fabric for that particular piece. Tell them if you had been told that a substitution was made, you would not have bought it.

That's just plain evil. :evil: