Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bobbin Question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bobbin-question-t234982.html)

Neesie 11-18-2013 05:57 PM

You have to raise the little threader thing s l o w l y. Then you can catch the thread (through the needle eye), from behind. :)

snipforfun 11-18-2013 07:40 PM

The difference in bobbins (all of the same class) is the quality of the plastic. The cheaper ones work just fine but over time they may crack. Not a big deal. I do like the ones I get from the Babylock/janome dealer but have several of the Joanns variety.

JustAbitCrazy 11-18-2013 07:58 PM

Congratulations on owning such an awesome machine!

Neesie 11-18-2013 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by snipforfun (Post 6412575)
The difference in bobbins (all of the same class) is the quality of the plastic. The cheaper ones work just fine but over time they may crack. Not a big deal. I do like the ones I get from the Babylock/janome dealer but have several of the Joanns variety.

My WalMart bobbins seem to be plenty thick and sturdy. For the price difference, I'd rather just replace the bobbins, every 10 years or so. :)

nabobw 11-19-2013 05:28 AM

This is a true statement. My Janome dealer said just to be sure it has the hole to put the thread through and the bobbin will work just fine.

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6411448)
Oh, my goodness! I have a Janome 7700 and use bobbins from WalMart! They look just like my Janome bobbins and work just like my Janome bobbins. I use the same bobbins, in both my Janome 7700 and my Brother CS6000i. I've never had even the slightest problem with them.

When I bought my machine, the LQS dealer assured me these less expensive bobbins were just fine . . . and he was right. :thumbup:

Joset 11-19-2013 05:56 AM

i live about 2 and one half hours from my dealer i just get on the phone and it is mailed out.

patricej 11-19-2013 06:04 AM

your machine requires Class 15 bobbins.
generic class 15 will work just fine.
i've used them for years in three different janome machines with no issues at all.

as to the needle threader ...
try using Organ brand needles.
the 7700 is one of the Horizon series machines.
the eye in Organ brand needles lines up more reliably with the threader's wire than other brands i've tried.

Sewnoma 11-19-2013 08:58 AM

This is interesting - my Janome 6600 is very picky about bobbins. I can't use the ones that came with my Brother CS6000i, nor the older ones that came with my 90's Kenmore, even though to me they look nearly identical. (Although the Brother & the Kenmore can share...)

It will work OK for a bit but then I get jams in the bobbin area. So I bit the bullet and bought the Janome brand bobbins from Amazon and no more bobbin jams. Hopefully you'll be lucky and your 7700 is less picky!

I should note - the bobbins I bought from Amazon were packaged in Janome packaging but did NOT have the "J" on them like the ones that came with my machine and are a slightly different shade of plastic. They work great, though.

Buckeye Rose 11-19-2013 11:01 AM

I have a 6600 and was shown the difference in bobbins that are not Janome....they do fit different and will give different tension, specially when doing fmq.....I recommend Janome brand bobbins only!

Kwiltr 11-20-2013 07:18 PM

The "J" is on the center that the thread wraps around, so you'll need an empty bobbin to see it.