Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bobbin Question >

Bobbin Question

Bobbin Question

Old 11-18-2013, 07:49 AM

Default Bobbin Question

I just purchased the Janome 7700 machine on Saturday. I haven't even had time to learn to thread it yet. It came with only 4 bobbins. I'll have to order more from the internet as my dealer is 3 hours away. When I looked on Amazon, there were packs of plastic bobbins that were supposed to fit Brother, Janome, & some others. My book says to only use bobbins that are marked with a J. I can't even see the J on the ones that came with the machine. How do I know if I am purchasing the correct ones? Thank you.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:52 AM

Good luck! I only buy from a dealer - I have the Baby Lock machines and am fortunate enough to have a dealer an hour from my home. You may want to check Janome dealers that have online sites.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Power Poster

I agree with MartiMorga. Always be sure you are buying bobbins made by Janome. Have you checked on eBay?? Might be a dealer who sells bobbins in bulk there. Good Luck !!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:24 AM
Power Poster

call your dealer and see what he can do for you.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:29 AM
Power Poster

Have the dealer mail you the bobbins.

I'll bet the dealer would mail them to you.

Oh, my goodness! I have a Janome 7700 and use bobbins from WalMart! They look just like my Janome bobbins and work just like my Janome bobbins. I use the same bobbins, in both my Janome 7700 and my Brother CS6000i. I've never had even the slightest problem with them.

When I bought my machine, the LQS dealer assured me these less expensive bobbins were just fine . . . and he was right.

Last edited by Neesie; 11-18-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:38 AM

I have a Babylock & I order bobbins from E-bay. They look just like the ones I get from the dealer & work great. You can find some great deals on there & Amazon.
I do check each bobbin to make sure there are no little barbs or tags that might break off in my machine. But, I also do that with the ones I buy at my Sewing Machine dealer. Just a precaution.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Power Poster

My Baby-lock Jane and Juki uses the same bobbins, can switch feet too. They are straight stitch only machines. If Neesie gets the ones from Walmart and they work, then I would try them also. Can't be that much money and if they work for you, that would be a win.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:49 PM

Thanks Ladies, I will try the Walmart plus get some from my dealer, will see if there is any difference. On a happy note, I filled the bobbin today and threaded the machine correctly. I can't get the hang of the machine threader though, will have to keep working on that.