Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bobbin Winders (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bobbin-winders-t20386.html)

mlouw2 05-27-2009 01:15 PM

I also have a Janome and the sidewinder works great on these bobbins. However when I tried to wind the Featherweight bobbins they got stuck and I was afraid I would break the winder. Tell me how you did yours.

pdp1952 05-27-2009 01:51 PM

I forced the bobbin on it was very tight. That is when I decided it was easier using my sewing machine to wind my bobbins. I have a designer I by Husqvarna. Sorry don't have a good solution

tigerlily11 05-27-2009 02:22 PM

PatriceJ, thanks for the comment on "getting things out of your system". I needed that today. It's amazing how many small comments are made on this forum that really "hit the spot". Yours was it for me today.

adrianlee 05-27-2009 03:50 PM

I love my sidewinder especially when I have a big project going. I got mine on using the 50% discount coupon at Joann Fabrics just before they priceed them up. It takes both types of bobbin: Bernina and Pfaff.

nancysew 05-27-2009 04:40 PM

I have a Viking SE and use the bobbin winder on my machne. I also have a Sidewinder, and my bobbins don't fit on it. I save the empty plastic prewound bobbins and use them with the Sidewinder. They work well.

chamby 05-28-2009 06:59 AM

I have a sidewinder as well. It is okay. I am disappointed that the thread does not wind even. It will fill more on top then even out at the bottom. But however my machine does the same thing just not as bad. :roll:

BellaBoo 05-28-2009 08:55 AM

I bought one and it's my DGD favorite thing in my whole sewing room. She winds bobbins while I sew. She feels good knowing she is really helping do something. I buy the plastic bobbins at WalMart, buy the $1 spool thread and she has a blast filling them. We use the filled bobbins at guild for basting quilt tops, whatever. I use it to wind extra bobbins for my machine to keep in my sewing tote for workshops and classes. It has been worth the cost just to have DGD enjoy it. I have a plastic bin full of filled bobbins though. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Valeroonie 05-28-2009 12:02 PM

What is the name/make of the sidewinders everyone is using and where did you purchase it?
BTW, You're lucky to have your granddaugher so close to you. What FUN!

LindaR 05-29-2009 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Valeroonie
What is the name/make of the sidewinders everyone is using and where did you purchase it?

look at JoAnns and use the 50% coupon :)

Feathers 05-29-2009 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR

Originally Posted by Valeroonie

look at JoAnns and use the 50% coupon :)

Ditto!