Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bobbin Winders at WalMart (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bobbin-winders-walmart-t108919.html)

BETTY62 03-19-2011 12:35 PM

I bought my sidewinder at Walmart a couple of years ago. I love it. Thus far I have not had any problems with it. I wind a lot of bobbins while watching TV and it is so nice to just find a color and pop one in the machine when I get ready to sew. I say get one and if you find it's not to your taste, you can always return it, but I don't think you will want to after using it a few times.

BellaBoo 03-19-2011 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by annieshane
I have read the feedbacks, but just have to say that I love mine. I even use it to wind bobbins for my LAQ at times. It works great. I just put a plastic straw on the spindle where I put the spool of thread. It works great for me. So sorry others did have such a bad experience. The straw deal really helped me. Have a great friend who always knows the shortcuts.

The first time a large spool flew off I stuck a straw on the spindle to make it taller and it worked great. A large spool made it top heavy so DH took the bottom off and put in a heavy small chunk of metal he had in his shop. Anyone can do it. Simple as removing some screws. It doesn't move, shake or turn over at all now. If these modifications were made to it, the price would be much more then I'd want to spend.

feffertim 03-19-2011 02:03 PM

I love my sidewinder. It works very well for me.

great aunt jacqui 03-19-2011 02:28 PM

I love mine too, small compact electric. I wind 10 bobbins of each spool of thread and when I have nothing to SEW I wind bobbins. Im going to use a straw next time. tired of running after a truant spool. lol

JUNEC 03-19-2011 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by okiedee
Thanks to all for the info....don't know what I am going to do...maybe just go buy more bobbins and spend some time rewinding those...thanks again...this is the best group ever...I so appreciate y'all. Hugs, Dee

I asked about the Sidewinder a couple of months ago, I have a Viking and a Bernina. I was told they didn't work on thoser brands.

waladopa 03-19-2011 02:44 PM

I love my Wal mart sidewinder. It saves me a lot of time and trouble.

Gramie bj 03-19-2011 03:12 PM

I use my side winder all the time for my Janome. have had no trouble with it. Have been using it for about 2 years now on batteries and elec.

Irene Frohreich 03-19-2011 03:19 PM

Love the sidewinder, it's easy, fast and does a great job, don't have to unthread the machine either.

sewmuchmore 03-19-2011 03:49 PM

June I have a Bernina also and I was told not to use the sidewinder. I am buying more bobbins.

okiedee 03-19-2011 04:12 PM

Thanks for the input..love your Coffin top sewing machine...I have a treadle...but not using it to piece my quilt..I have to have much more practice using it...LOL. Hugs, Dee