Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bobbin Winders at WalMart (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bobbin-winders-walmart-t108919.html)

mtnative 03-19-2011 05:07 PM

I don't know about the sidewinder or prewound bobbins. I have several different machines that I use. When I start a project I always wind at least 3 bobbins so they are available. Then just wind 3 more when I need them. Has worked for me and I don't have to worry about whether or not sidewinder or prewound bobbins will work for the machine I am using.

okiedee 03-19-2011 06:20 PM

Thanks hon...I appreciate your input. Hugs, Dee :)

franie 03-19-2011 06:21 PM

I have a Sidewinder and use it mostly for my Tin LIzzie bobbins. I use prewound a lot too.

Gladys 03-19-2011 06:32 PM

I've heard a lot of good things about the Sidewinder.

okiedee 03-19-2011 06:45 PM

Thanks Fran... :-)

teacherbailey 03-20-2011 03:02 AM

If you make sure your bobbin "clicks" into place (sometimes takes a couple of tries) and you pull up the spindle to put your thread spool on....nothing should be flying anywhere! Since my 70 year old machine's ONLY problem is that it won't make bobbins, I depend on my Sidewinder and love it!

Sunflower Girl 03-20-2011 03:14 AM

I have one, and it works very well. Now the first one I bought quit after a couple of months, so I returned it to Wal Mart and exchanged it for a new one. It was quite a help when I just started sewing and had a basic machine because I broke the spring on my Singer's bobbin winder. It is nice to take to sewing groups so everybody could use it when they neeed a new bobbin. I have heard that it doesn't work with some machine bobbins though, but haven't had that problem myself and have a Huskvarna and a Janome.

quiltmaker 03-20-2011 03:40 AM

I have the Bengal Bobbin Winder....bought it on Ebay a few years back and absolutely love it. It winds all types of bobbins. It is more of a professional winder. When I purchased mine is was fairly reasonable in price but now they are very expensive. I was one of those people that could never wind a good bobbin on my machine so I decided the frustration just wasn't worth it for me on the machine.
Now I wind perfect bobbins all the time and get so much more thread on the bobbin. It truly is a fabulous winder and worth it's weight in gold to me.

I don't think he sells thems on Ebay anymore but you could goggle it and find where he does sell them if interested.

Yooper32 03-20-2011 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmaker
I have the Bengal Bobbin Winder....bought it on Ebay a few years back and absolutely love it. It winds all types of bobbins. It is more of a professional winder. When I purchased mine is was fairly reasonable in price but now they are very expensive. I was one of those people that could never wind a good bobbin on my machine so I decided the frustration just wasn't worth it for me on the machine.
Now I wind perfect bobbins all the time and get so much more thread on the bobbin. It truly is a fabulous winder and worth it's weight in gold to me.
Who is "he"?
I don't think he sells thems on Ebay anymore but you could goggle it and find where he does sell them if interested.

sand344 03-20-2011 04:56 AM

LOVE my bobbin winder. Always have a dozen bobbins ready to go. Never an interruption to my sewing except the phone. Hee Hee :lol: