Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Boo Boo, would you want to know? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/boo-boo-would-you-want-know-t187309.html)

PaperPrincess 04-27-2012 06:23 AM

I would want to know, but I would probably like a PM rather than a post!
I'm sure you could word it gently ;-)

Lori S 04-27-2012 06:28 AM

If it was already quilted.. I would prefer to live in my ignorance. Since repairing a block once its quilted and having it look like it never happened is really risky.... I would just as soon not know.

ShowMama 04-27-2012 06:29 AM

Personally, I wouldn't care one way or the other. If the quilt was all finished, then the boo-boo probably wasn't that noticeable to begin with, and even if it was a gift, there is no way I would take it apart just to fix one little mistake.

While I don't make it a point to create errors in my quilts, I actually think a little slip-up now and then just adds to the charm of a hand-made quilt. None of us is perfect, and our creations are not perfect either. It's the meaning behind the quilt that matters the most.

SueSew 04-27-2012 06:41 AM

I would want to know if I made a boo-boo. Heck I might ALREADY know! LOL

Pat625 04-27-2012 06:55 AM

Letting me know would help me avoid the same mistake in the future...It might not change anything on the quilt, but could impact future work

irishrose 04-27-2012 07:01 AM

I'd like to know. I made a huge error on my son's wildlife quilt and I never noticed until I saw its finished picture. It is now a design decision. I planned cornerstones in the borders so the flying geese wouldn't run into each other turning the corners. Two opposite corners have eagle blocks and the other two have colliding geese. At least they aren't on the same side. I can't change it and he wouldn't care if I did tell him, so I'm okay with it. I did learn something so all is not lost.

jcrow 04-27-2012 07:17 AM

I would want to know so I could then decide what I want to do with it. If I had planned on giving it to someone who had an eye for quilts, then I'd not give it to them, I'd give it to someone else. I'd be embarrassed if I gave it to someone who knew about quilting and received my blunder.

Tartan 04-27-2012 07:21 AM

Thanks PaperPrincess for the PM idea! That sounds like the perfect solution.

MdmSew'n'Sew 04-27-2012 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by barny (Post 5173817)
I think I would want to know. Then I could make a decision whether to gift it or not. I've heard people used to make a mistake in their quilt. Have no idea why.

Some community, don't remember if it is the Amish or maybe it was the Shakers, believe that only God is perfect. They put in a mistake on purpose, since they are not God. Sure takes the pressure off me to be perfect, so I can just focus on being perfectly wonderful.

dunster 04-27-2012 08:07 AM

Would I want to know? Yes, but that's because it wouldn't bother me. Would I tell someone else? No, because it might hurt them.